Click Here!

Review Replies for Storms

Anesor

While I fell into fanfic just over three years ago, I hadn't considered posting here as I was already posting at the Pit and I'm not that interested in graphic materials, blame it on Georgette Heyer if you want. I'd read "Ceald Amothien" over there and then told some others that more of it was here, but I was just a bit too comfortable. I got less comfortable as fewer and fewer tales were written by and for adults, with more issues than spillikins and not dealing with the larger issues and consequences when characters screwed up.

I will admit freely that BronxWench sucked me in more definitely here, so blame her. :) I'm playing catchup for a while, moving stories over here with a quick pass to remove some typos when I do. As I'd managed to just pass a couple hundred chapters bear with me while I add them. :)

This is the first sidestory of the Choices series and takes place before the official campaign begins, though it is pretty independant. I wanted to give some more background for Casavir, a triubled, but good man at this point. As my main story really only starts in the collapsing cavern under the Meredelain, the events of the OC are still canon, even though it becomes an AU later than this sidestory in that cavern.

If you want to read the next story in chronological order, it will be "Riddles," starting tomorrow.

A lovely thank you to my reviewers! :waves:

BronxWench: Yeah, even if you look behind at unused material, Casavir is in a very grim place, even if he has not lost favor. There had to be some kind of reason why he doubts himself that much and follows the KC right away, other than programming.

wanderingaddict:

huh. you know, it's so rare to get a story that comes *completely* from the npc character's perspective, especially in the case of... hah, well, Casavir. way to pump some personality and thoughts into his head. during the game he really never struck me as anything more than the "pally archetype" so it was interesting to see something more... "personal" of him.

Unfortunately paladins should be a much richer source of real drama that most writers manage... Not the 'does he really wuv me and even give up his life or sex, but the issues of a strict moral standard in a world just as full of grays. He's actually more than a little a rebel because he left his post to help the 'little people.' He was uninteresting because they only wrote his dialog lawful stupid. (and a forty-something guy pursuing a girl who's 17-18 is morally questionable now) He should be a rich source of angst and subplots, as Falling isn't a joke if you have touched your god. I would like to smack the designers because they could have tapped free writers like us to fill in dialog or plot if they didn't want to pay. A tee-shirt and pin would be enough to get the better fan writers to write reasonable subplots and dialog, even as a patch. But you have to have designers who are willing to admit they dropped the ball badly and should fix it. Pallies need love too.

Any other questions or comments, and I'd love answering them here! :D

ladywater:

Good start at least I hope it is a start. I like being in Cas's head and I hope to read more when you have time.

Thank you thank you for the review! Yeah, He will be one of the major POV characters in my other tale, Choices, to be posted soon. It's sometimes disconcerting when he comments on thing IRL. :D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.