Click Here!

My Faith In Humanity Has Taken A Nosedive

quamp

O.k., I saw this on TV recently.

Tom Delay, the former congressman from Sugarland, Texas, is still on the ballot this November due to the state election boards ruling that it was too late to remove his name from the ballot.

That's not what made me lose my faith in humanity, however.

This is what made me lose my faith in humanity:

A poll conducted over the last weekend said that in his constituency, 54% of those polled would STILL vote for him. Apparently, the people in Sugarland want to inflict evil on the world. angry.gif

Guest echtrae

Quamp, I'm surprised you haven't already realized that the polls are conducted by the mass media. The same mass media that will lie to the people at the drop of a hat to further the agenda of the government.

Guest achtungnight
I have one word for you: TEXAS. They've already spread their evil on the world - if I might remind you, the Bush family is from Texas.

As a Texan who tries his best to be a good person, I am extremely offended by your statement. But I will forgive you, since you've obviously blinded yourself to the many great interesting Texans that exist. Please do us the favor of opening your eyes. We are a very big state, you know. Not all of us can be evil.

And, btw, I too despise Tom DeLay and everything for which he stands.

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi
As a Texan who tries his best to be a good person, I am extremely offended by your statement. But I will forgive you, since you've obviously blinded yourself to the many great interesting Texans that exist. Please do us the favor of opening your eyes. We are a very big state, you know. Not all of us can be evil.

And, btw, I too despise Tom DeLay and everything for which he stands.

Naw, just the one's running things right now, which, of course, sets the standard for the entire state. wink.gif

Guest Big Samurai

The weeks leading up to this upcoming election are going to be full of nutty things like this. When the dust has settled, though, we will see what happens. I don't foresee Mr. De Lay actually winning, given his crimes in office. Even if he does win, he can still be indicted and ruined.

Guest achtungnight
The weeks leading up to this upcoming election are going to be full of nutty things like this. When the dust has settled, though, we will see what happens. I don't foresee Mr. De Lay actually winning, given his crimes in office. Even if he does win, he can still be indicted and ruined.

I hope you're right, BS. And I agree about nutty election things. Let's just deal with them and vote for the few honorable people there are running. Like Lloyd Doggett in my area of the state.

I have one word for you: TEXAS. They've already spread their evil on the world - if I might remind you, the Bush family is from Texas.

Actually, Bush Sr. is from Boston, Mass. W. Bush is from Conn.

They're damn yankees.

Still, it's not as bad as the race I have to vote in, Pete Sessions vs. Will Pryor.