Click Here!

Sex

Aserenity

do you value sex?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. do you value sex?

• yes, its intimate, and a great way to show your love
    • no, i give it away to everybody!

I'm probably too full of advice for my own good, as you well know.

The first piece I will give you is to be patient with yourself.

Understanding comes often with a painful lesson.

What do you know of bitterness unless you have been so disillusioned that the cup Jesus drank was one you realize is the very grail that holds the souls of the damned, that's how bitter it is?

To love greatly after that experience is to love deeply and to understand what love is.

To be hurt badly takes no courage, only stupidity. To stand up after a fall and hold up your head takes a strength that is beyond the comprehension of those who have not experienced hurt.

To apologize when you realize you have done wrong takes real courage. There is where you meet true fear: within yourself, when you weigh within you the things you value and hold precious against the things that are only passing.

Humiliation is only passing. Accepting the consequences of our actions after that, is easy, because you did the right thing.

So, in relationships, and in characters that you build, there are certain things we are all guilty of, and there are certain things we are proud of. To dive into that ocean of human behaviour, we must first understand our own.

do you understand what I'm trying to say?

Maybe just watch One Piece. that says it all (not the dubbed version. The subbed)

yeah that makes a lot of sense! thanks!

That's what I'd like for my first time, but I won't know what it's like until I'm actually there. After that, I wouldn't mind casual sex. I'd only draw the line at having sex with a complete stranger. I wouldn't mind having kinky sex either. I like to exercise and express my imagination. wink.gif

It's something complicated, which is why I'm taking my time with it and making it a long read. It loses a lot if it's too short. Still, it's not what I'd ever envision for myself. However, I do understand why I write it. I do enjoy writing characters that are similar to me. It's putting an aspect of myself on paper. But I also enjoy writing characters that are very different from myself and hold different values. Sometimes their morals are more old-fashioned, sometimes more ambiguous. There's just something to be gained from writing a character that's not like yourself. It truly allows you to step into someone else's shoes and see the world from a different view, because you have to temporarily adopt the different view as your own if you want to write the character effectively.

Wow... I think I became a bit too philosophical. I didn't mean to. I do regard sex as something special, but not that special or important.[/color][/font]

"That's what I'd like for my first time, but I won't know what it's like until I'm actually there. After that, I wouldn't mind casual sex. I'd only draw the line at having sex with a complete stranger. I wouldn't mind having kinky sex either. I like to exercise and express my imagination. wink.gif" Amen sister....let's just say whoever i marry, may it be my boyfriend now or someone else (i'm young...i pretty much have all the time in the world) they won't go un saftisfied jk lol!

Seriously though, i do agree with some of the stuff you say and i think i will start allowing my characters to be themselves...maybe if it even calls for it they'll have sex ohmy.gif

My point was we kind of live in a world today where everyone does what they want, live in the moment, we're all going to die anyway....and though i love impulses (i pierced my own navel two days ago...i wish i thought that one though) people need to think of the real consequences

(sorry for reposting)

Guest Masatar_Torlyl

The Bible doesn't actually have the flowery meaning does it? unsure.gif

Sex to me is something that feels good and consequently virginity means nothing to me. I don't feel empty or that I have devalued myself by "doing the nasty" because I chose to do that and I wouldn't have done it knowing it would be bad.

If I were raped, taken against my will to someone I didn't want to have sex with (and this includes a husband or boyfriend thinking he can have sex with me even when I don't want it at the moment or am not able to consciously consent), then I would feel impure and devalued...

Edit: I digress, don't make the characters like yourselves too much.