Click Here!

would love to find a beta

cowgirl65

I would love to find a beta for my AFF stories.

I love working with the beta I have for my gen/PG stuff on another site and would really like to have one for my stories here.

My fandom is the 1960's western "The Big Valley", but it doesn't matter to me if you're familiar with it.

check out the stories on my page if you'd like http://tv.adultfanfi...p?no=1296881948 and if you're interested, let me know.

I'm not into "The Big Valley" nearly as much as you are, but I'd be willing to try. Finding typos and commenting on style will be easy, but I don't remember much about the show. I'll have to take your word for it regarding character portrayals and dialogue/speaking styles, though your story "The Initiation" did give me a good feel for the characters involved.

Now, I am a bit pedantic but I'm fairly good at controlling those instincts when it comes to storytelling style. However I have some pre-conditions, both because I've been burned by writers a few times, and because this procedure has been working extremely well for my beta and me (her beta as well).

You'll need to use Microsoft Word, OpenOffice, or some other program that's compatible with Word's proofreading and annotations/comments feature. I'll turn on change-tracking while proofreading so that you can see the marked-up copy and decide which changes to accept or reject. Trust me: You will love these features once you learn how to use them. Seriously dudette, seriously. ;)

Please make sure you truly believe the story (or chapter) is done before sending it, and don't make any changes while waiting for the markup copy to be returned. (That's for your sake mostly. :)) I can't promise overnight turnaround, maybe up to a few days, and likely more if it's a very long story.

After you review the changes you can, if you wish, make another set of tweaks and changes as you see fit, but make sure change-tracking is enabled so that I can see your new changes. Though Spiderman says, "Everybody gets one," (in Family Guy) I'm willing to do a second pass — but no more. My brain will have retained too much by then. After you get that copy back you can accept or reject stuff as you see fit. You should be ready to publish it at that point.

I also reserve the right to add very silly comments as I read the story. Caveat auctor! :D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.