Click Here!

A separate 'Characters' field

salarta

This is just a quick idea I had when looking through the archive. Many times, writers will include a whole host of characters in their stories. The number could be as low as one character, or 20+, or maybe even more, depending on how many chapters they do and how they write the scenes. As a writer, I find it hard to sometimes decide which characters deserve top billing or if any specific characters should be listed at all. As a searcher, I find that sometimes if I really want to find stories that include some content of a certain character, I have to actually scan fics that don't mention them in the summaries; and I DO encounter this.

With that in mind, would it be possible to have a separate field where uploaders can fill in the characters they've included in their stories? It would help writers to get out there that they may have spent time on a character not used very often, and it would help searchers to track down fics of their interest that otherwise might not come up when using the Search function.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.