Click Here!

Fic Reviews - Replies?

Guest AnonGrimm

Guest AnonGrimm

Hello All,

I didn't really see a section for AFF.net story questions, so I'm asking this here....

Some folks have left questions for me in their kind reviews, but I can't see any way to respond to them?

Does anyone know how an author can respond to their reviews?

Thanks,

Anon.

yeah, its a pain in the butt.

Sometimes when it comes down to contacting someone who is "passing in the night" there is no recourse at all.

Here are some of the things I've heard and seen:

An author note at the top or bottom of the page of the next chapter, acknowleging the reviewers' comments.

A "review" by the author for the pertinent story, rebutting or commenting on an unknown reviewer.

or: None. Just nothing.

If its a bad review like a flame, you can remove it by copying and pasting the id#.

Hope that helped somewhat

*Also, at the very very top of the page on AFF, in the right hand corner, there is an "info/support" drop-down menu. Click on it and go to "Resources", then click on "General Questions" You may find some answers there. (I had a heck of a time figuring out how to make "bold" fonts and "italics" and such things, and I think I ended up e-mailing an author who had it in her story to see how she did it.)

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

If they leave an e-mail address or are signed in at the time of dropping the review, I send them an e-mail in response. If not, I add an author's note at the bottom.

Guest Adara

I personally don't like to add to many A/Ns to my chapters, I'm freaky that way. So I usually just respond to their reviews in the review area. tongue.gif 'Cause it's not like I'm reviewing my work. tongue.gif

Guest Ertia

I usually just tag responses on the end of a new chapter, unless it's a one-off. Then I'll usually check to see if their registered and drop them an email.

smile.gif

Nice new sig there, Agaib!

Guest AnonGrimm

Thanks Everyone!

**Waves to Adara**

I think replying on chapters would drive me batty, too, actually. I edit too much for that, I'd end up killing my notes when I forgot they were there. Plus, being a neat-freak obsessive-compulsive, it might give me hives. tongue.gif But I like the idea of replying to reviews in a collective review. Hopefully, I'll have time for that this weekend.

Hugs,

Anon.

PS: There's a "him" somewhere named "Anon"? ph34r.gif Hmmm... No idea. I'm a practicing "her" myself. biggrin.gif Thanks again ALL!