Click Here!

Hidden story

Sparrowbirdie

My story: Dark times for Draco Malfoy, in the Harry Potter section, slash.

I got a warning saying the disclaimer wasn't right. Thinking I had corrected it, I thought nothing of it, until I realized I made the same error twice. Now that I'm sure I got it corrected properly (using AFF's proposed disclaimer), the story stays hidden. I am somewhat disappointed, because the rules state that hidden stories are checked every second day to see if they are in the meanwhile corrected. Then they're to be re-posted again immediately. It's been a week since it was hidden, and I'm getting anxious it will never return. I do however understand that the administrators have a life outside AFF.net, but some kind of follow-up or notice telling me how my story's doing, would be appreciated. And please, please don't delete it!

Can someone please answer me? Why isn't it back online?

Sparrowbirdie

Edited by Sparrowbirdie

It's, as you said, a time factor this time. All of us have been very busy with real life stuff. Me ESPECIALLY, and as I'm the one who generally tends to do the every other day check, there is your problem.

I do have it on my "to do" list for today, to check on all the stories, but I'm also STILL trying to get a workaround for the mail server which is sending, but not receiving any mail other than whatever is sent to a bad address. If I don't get a workaround for that, I've got a temp mail address set up which I'll have to then edit in the scripts so that we GET the email that we should be.

And, I've got things to fix here in the forum as well, from where I tried to upgrade it to the newest version, and it won't work (SQL version incompatibility). THOSE, at least, are relatively minor fixes. The other stuff, not so much.

checked the story and it's now unhidden. The only notice you get that it will be hidden is the one we leave you the change the disclaimer. We don't follow that up because there are far too many of those to do that. Once it's hidden it's up to you to contact us about the problem as we have a limited number of mods that can do such things.

checked the story and it's now unhidden. The only notice you get that it will be hidden is the one we leave you the change the disclaimer. We don't follow that up because there are far too many of those to do that. Once it's hidden it's up to you to contact us about the problem as we have a limited number of mods that can do such things.

Thank you so much! Now I'll sleep so much better at nights!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.