Click Here!

Now what do I do?

crash

I''m writing a fic called "The Three of Us", and I'm in the process of writing the last chapter. T least I think I'm writing the last one. This is the way I wanted to end the story, but I also think it's not going to wrap it up neatly enough. It's been a struggle to get this far, so I do want to end it, but I can see potential for taking it in another direction.

The big question is, do I scrap the ending I'm writing and continue the story? Do I write a sequel? Do I end it and write something completely different?

This is a link to the story:

AFF "The Three of US"

Thanks for your opinions.

Personally, if that's the way you'd intended to end the story, it may have been in your best interests to tie up those loose ends when you had the chance. In this case, however, if you feel the story's ended, then it's best you just let it be and start something else. I think in your case, you're just having remorse over ending a story you liked writing and you want a return to it justified.

Just do what you feel like you'd be happiest doing, but don't continue if you feel like it might make the fans of your story feel ripped off. That's my suggestion, anyway. :)

Guest Purple Lizard

To basicaly basterdise eveything you just said ( not to be an ass, I just haven't figured out how to ass quotes yet) but Writers Remorse is what it seems to me. Its a crappy thing for anyone who's written a story you get really involved in. You ideas grow, and the story flows, and when you come to wrap up, you don't want it to end, so you begin to question yourself on if you've done all you needed to do.

I'v ruined many of my own stories doing just that. I ran back and tried to tie everything up neatly and just effectively killed it completely. Leave open what you have. Who knows, maybe what you left open will inspire some other writer to stand up and create their own tale (with your blessing of course), or a colaberation with you, and bam, you've made another friend.

You might even come back later with another story built off the seeds that were planted in this one.

Any way you look at it, what you wrote is complete, finished, and good, and the futures still there to be written, with endless possabilities (my spelling can suck) So it's not the and of the grand book, just time for another chapter.

Or this is mindless prattle. My point; Wrires Remorse, it sucks, and I rambled. Sorry.

But your story, I'm reading it. I haven't finished it, but I will. I am a huge, HUGE Buffy fan.

And on that note, even the series ended with a lot of loose ends; Amy, the Cleveland Hell Mouth, giving writers like us a chance to make our own chapter in the Buffyverse

To basicaly basterdise eveything you just said ( not to be an ass, I just haven't figured out how to ass quotes yet) but Writers Remorse is what it seems to me. Its a crappy thing for anyone who's written a story you get really involved in. You ideas grow, and the story flows, and when you come to wrap up, you don't want it to end, so you begin to question yourself on if you've done all you needed to do.

I'v ruined many of my own stories doing just that. I ran back and tried to tie everything up neatly and just effectively killed it completely. Leave open what you have. Who knows, maybe what you left open will inspire some other writer to stand up and create their own tale (with your blessing of course), or a colaberation with you, and bam, you've made another friend.

You might even come back later with another story built off the seeds that were planted in this one.

Any way you look at it, what you wrote is complete, finished, and good, and the futures still there to be written, with endless possabilities (my spelling can suck) So it's not the and of the grand book, just time for another chapter.

Or this is mindless prattle. My point; Wrires Remorse, it sucks, and I rambled. Sorry.

But your story, I'm reading it. I haven't finished it, but I will. I am a huge, HUGE Buffy fan.

And on that note, even the series ended with a lot of loose ends; Amy, the Cleveland Hell Mouth, giving writers like us a chance to make our own chapter in the Buffyverse

I had that problem with my Tomb Raider fic. At 14 chapters and growing I originally had no ending planned for it. But recently I managed to dream up the perfect way to end the piece, and for me that made everything alot easier, since I know the direction the story is going in and which ends I need to tie up before that happens.

I went and did it. I finished it the way I wanted to. At least I think I did, nobody's left any comments on what they think of it as a whole, but that's another, entirely different issue. It was the same thing for me, no end in sight, till one hit me, then I had something to work toward. My biggest problem was "How the hell do I get there?".

Thanks for your opinions, they were helpful.

Crash, (Ate2butte)