Click Here!

Educated Female Looking to Beta for Committed Author

Guest Sightsoblind

Guest Sightsoblind

I am tired of watching some of my favorite stories die! I am exhausted with wanting to beta the crap out of posts that VERY much need work! I want to work with you!

Here's the honest truth... I cant beta a story I wouldn't read in the first place.

I find my self unable to stomach slash fiction. I have nothing against the practice I just don't enjoy it... at all.

I also can't watch an author butcher one of my favorite fandoms and go SO off cannon or OOC that they should be drug into the street and beaten with mining equipment.

THAT OUT OF THE WAY MORE ABOUT ME!!!

I am a 27 year old married female. I have a college education and was once a writer myself.

I have many diffrent styles to beta in I can be a grammar nazi. "As a rule its 'Marcia and I' and ain't is not a word. You've misspelled Sight as site and you've got WAY too many commas here here and here... etc"

I can be a pointer outer... "where your changing view points it doesn't really flow. According to chapter 2 she's not a virgin but your having her worried about her virtue here?"

I can be a re writer "You can try clearing up his motives after she falls asleep by having him stop in the door way and soften up for a moment where she can't see." all the way to completely re writing a portion of what you've done to help you make it flow "He grabbed his fathers weapon shakily it was his kingdom to defend now that his father was dead in the hallway... " becomes "Papa was gone but the threat still loomed. Carefully the boy removed it from his fathers still warm hands. The boy king hefted the sword before him. It had been crafted for the elder and the difference between the ability of the father and son was never more apparent as the struggled to keep it aloft defending his home and people."

I can give you all of the above or just parts or any scale in between nothing and everything.

I also give you the promise that I will never laugh at anything you write... I will never tear you down... I will NEVER not respond. I will give you the respect you deserve as an author. Because it takes guts just to try.

I welcome all skills and types of writers! After all do you want to look back and say you didn't have the guts to even get in the car?

Write me at Angelclare001@msn.com or reply to the post you can also use the forum message system.

Guest Sightsoblind

When Beta is used as a verb it is in the context of the action IE "Will you beta this for me?"

It is in fact the act of proof reading for what ever purpose your author has in fact requested of you.

In much more simple terms Beta came into use as a verb much the same way google did.

Can you Beta this? When I get home I have got to Google that!

• 1 month later...

Hi.

I've often found that I can't pick up on my own errors where usually I would have apoplectic fits over some things the first time reading them.

I would be honoured/very grateful if you would take a look at my story. I've been playing around with it for months so I doubt it will die, and I just posted it on my account on AFF. It's the only one there, you can't miss it.

If it's not your thing, fair enough, but if you're interested, would you beta it for me please? Story of my Life

Thank you in advance just for reading it.

-Firice

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.