Click Here!

Blocking certain users

salarta

Hi, it's been a while since I posted on this section.

This might not be possible, but I was wondering if a system could be implemented for people with accounts to block certain users in terms of things that will show up for them when looking at the site while logged in. As a side suggestion, another person I talk to that likes to read from this site also said he'd love if there were a way he could filter out stories by certain terms.

Could you go in to a bit more detail as to what exactly you're wanting the program to do? Give examples, that would be helpful.

As to the search, if I'm remembering how the engine that will be implemented (eventually) works, that should be a possibility, yes. Again, examples of HOW your friend would like to perform a search would be helpful.

Could you go in to a bit more detail as to what exactly you're wanting the program to do? Give examples, that would be helpful.

As to the search, if I'm remembering how the engine that will be implemented (eventually) works, that should be a possibility, yes. Again, examples of HOW your friend would like to perform a search would be helpful.

For what my friend wants, he said it would be summed up well as "have an account option where if a certain word appears in the summary, it will filter that story from the listing." For example, if a story has 'yaoi' in its summary, it wouldn't show up when looking for stories to read.

My original request/suggestion isn't quite 'blocking' as I mistakenly called it, it's more like filtering, under the same idea as above. If possible, I would like an account option where I could add a person's name to a list and any stories, and if possible comments, that they make wouldn't show for me. I don't mean blocking them from being able to post things, I mean simply that stories and comments that they make would essentially be 'invisible' to me. As a hypothetical example, if I want to look for a Devil May Cry story, I could look through the listings without certain stories showing if they're by an author who I know writes content I don't like, and I can read through comments of a story I really liked without comments by the 'filtered' user displayed to me. I expect the comments aspect might be unlikely, while the filtering stories idea might be easier to accomplish.

• 1 month later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.