SubCatagories

Guest WolfPup5683

What do you think?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think my idea is good?

• Its a wonderful Idea
    • Its a terrible idea
    • it could work but...(explain in post)
    • It might not work however...(Explain in post)
    • Other(Say what you think

Guest WolfPup5683

I would really like to see the Archive set up so that you can look for specifics, for an example, say you only want to see stories that are Crossovers of Harry Potter, and Twilight, you would be able to do that with a subcategory, or if you want to see only the character matchings of Harry Potter and Edward in the Harry Potter and Twilight subcategory, so the subcategory would have its own subcategories, making a better filter for what you really are looking for.

You have to understand two very important things.

First, something very similar is ALREADY being done. Yes, it's slow going, but this archive is HUGE. If you look at the buffy subdomain, for example, you'll see exactly what's been done there, as it's finally almost finished

Secondly, I only have 3 levels of categories to work with (top level, 2nd level and 3rd level). Only the 2nd and 3rd level categories are posting categories. So, in order to make it work within those limitations, I am limited in how many different ways I can go about sorting and reordering, and hence have certain criteria I follow for crossover sub categories involving 2 specific fandoms, as well as pair specific third level categories. In addition, there is a specific criteria set for creating new top level categories as well.

So, what I'm NOT saying is that you have a bad thought here. Not at all. What I AM saying is that this, or something very like it is currently being done, subdomain by subdomain; and by a very few people. Hence the time it's taking.

Guest WolfPup5683
You have to understand two very important things.

First, something very similar is ALREADY being done. Yes, it's slow going, but this archive is HUGE. If you look at the buffy subdomain, for example, you'll see exactly what's been done there, as it's finally almost finished

Secondly, I only have 3 levels of categories to work with (top level, 2nd level and 3rd level). Only the 2nd and 3rd level categories are posting categories. So, in order to make it work within those limitations, I am limited in how many different ways I can go about sorting and reordering, and hence have certain criteria I follow for crossover sub categories involving 2 specific fandoms, as well as pair specific third level categories. In addition, there is a specific criteria set for creating new top level categories as well.

So, what I'm NOT saying is that you have a bad thought here. Not at all. What I AM saying is that this, or something very like it is currently being done, subdomain by subdomain; and by a very few people. Hence the time it's taking.

Thank you for informing me, I had no Idea that that was being done already.

and I understand the logic of Time very well, so I can see why it would take a bit to do. thanks agian.

• 3 weeks later...

I love subcats. Makes things a helluva lot easier. Anyway, I love 'em!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.