Click Here!

A sad day at last

For a few years now I have been a member of AFF, you all know me as Inuyasha's Gypsy Girl, and I have posted various stories. But as of today I will no longer be writing anymore fan fic for this site. I have grown tired of the constant emails saying I have not disclaimed my story properly when there was THREE disclaimers in each chapter-- yes I use disclaimers as breaks in time because I have been reciveing emails saying no one could find the disclaimers. THE VERY FIRST THING IT SAYS IS 'I DO NOT OWN (INSERT CHARACTER) and no harm was intended and proper credit given'. Yet every single story I post has been removed, banned, hidden because apparently whoever does this cannot see a disclaimer at the top, in the middle, and at the end of every freaking story. I would have thought one of my latest stories, 'This Looks like a job for me ' was a hint but I suppose not.

Anyways I have had fun, I enjoyed being part of the community and I will stay in touch with all my writing friends and I'll probably stop by to read occasionally. Thanks for the memories.

You've obviously not read what you're being asked to do to make your story compliant with site requirements.

If you do that, and fix it accordingly, then the stuff is unhidden, if it's been hidden. If you don't, it remains hidden, until we get to the last phase for it, in which case the user gets an email and we give a final attempt to help you get it to where it needs to be before it's deleted. Unless you're a kiddie and don't belong here, we'd really rather NOT delete your work out of hand, which is WHY we use the hide function.

This HAS to be done for each and every story. There is a field that you should be using to do this.

The latest one which you were sent something on, is a crossover. Rules for that are specific, in that you must disclaim all worlds involved. Also, as it involves a real person/celebrity, rules for disclaiming ABOUT real people are not only specific, there is absolutely no wiggle room on them. Real people are of course their OWN intellectual property, so if a user is not careful, and the person in question wants to, not only can he/she go after the site for your fiction, he/she can go after YOU. So in that particular for instance, you would not only disclaim the fandom, say you make no money, but it would have to state that it's a work a fiction, and you don't know the person involved.

I just checked my working document, and the other stories you're talking about, it looks like you deleted them rather than fix what is needed.

Of course, it's always the user's choice to not abide by the very few rules this site has. When that happens, WE (the mods) then handle things accordingly, to enforce the site terms of service, which EVERY user agrees to abide by when they create a login to this site in the FIRST place.

My god, it's so frustrating when people simply can't be bothered to read the rules and then get all narky when you try to correct them, and then still don't bother to properly read what they're being told regarding how to fix the problem! Disclaimers are legally critical and they are not going away; and yes, they must be correct. This is to protect you as much as it is to protect us. Frankly, I have no sympathy whatsoever for people that won't follow the rules.

Guest sylvir

I cruise all the forums and read all the disclaimer problems that people post. It never seems to amaze me how hard everyone finds it. The FAQ gives an example for every type of story from original to fanfiction. All one has to do is copy and paste the format then add their own specifics. I write the same disclaimer every time and it looks like this.

I do not own (Fandom) and I earn no money from writing this.

I started using this disclaimer after getting an e-mail. The e-mail also gave an example of the proper disclaimer style. So the MODs give the writer every chance to comply with the rules. I have never gotten any MOD grief from this disclaimer. I really don't understand why people have so much trouble. Maybe some people make a big stink about it so they can rant.

I remember getting an email saying my disclaimer didn't clearly state I wasn't making money from the story. It took about 10 seconds to fix. So difficult..... not....