Click Here!

Synopsis help.

Solaris

I'm asked to write a synopsis of The Storyteller's tale, my original story that I'm writing for the past few years and send the first three chapters of the story to an agent.

I was always told that a synopsis should not be no more than half of a page and yet I see synopsis that are over two pages.

The agent didn't state how many pages they want for the sysnopsis, so should I just go with two pages and double space it or go for a page and one line space?

Or should I just wing the whole thing and give the agent one page sysnopsis and hope for the best or go full out and do two pages long or longer?

Thank you,

Beth

That's a bit tricky then. The best thing I can think of is to contact the agent and ask him/her what they prefer regarding the length of the synopsis. Ask nicely, pointing out that different people seem to want different lengths, so you thought you'd ask him/her what their preference is. If it was me, I'd appreciate the person asking me what I want.