Click Here!

Site being down and consequences?

kazfeist

Hello!

I haven't posted before, but I wondered what we can do if we cannot log onto the site. Both myself and another author (who actually has a story archived here that she was trying to update) attempted to log onto the site. I was unable to from about 11 pm EDT last night til about 1 pm today. I tried with both IE and Google. When I turned off my firewall, and tried, I got an error message saying the link was broken. Then, this afternoon, all was fine. I didn't know if I had a problem because of my software and its updates, or whether the site itself had crashed, as it used to do when Ayla ran it.

Is there a mechanism in place to let us know about problems, and what, if anything, we can do to help resolve them? Regarding the tech stuff on the site, I mean. Thanks for your time, and I'm sorry if this is not the appropriate place to post this. ^_^

Edited by kazfeist

Actually yes there is. If, for example, the database server is overloaded, it'll default to the daily downtime page.

I'll have to look in to the error logs and see why exactly you couldn't log in, as I do know that people I know WERE able to at the times you mentioned.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.