Click Here!

What's the hardest fanfiction romance you ever had to write?

Guest GothamKnight1992

Guest GothamKnight1992

I'm only asking this because I'm trying to write a love story about Gwen and Owen from Total Drama Island but it's impossible. Owen is a fat gluttonous, ne'er-do-well with a happy-go-lucky attitude and Gwen is a lanky goth with a cynical and sarcastic attitude plus she doesn't seem to like Owen very much on the TV show...It's just impossible to write a love about them unless you write something that bends the realms of plausibility like Owen giving Gwen a love potion or Gwen accidentally hitting Owen with a car and feeling sorry for him. (I got that one from Back to the Future Marty's mom fell in love with his dad out of pity.)

Personally, I try to always make smut scenes somewhat plausible in my fics, and with that said, there is no way around romance. Granted, most of the times the pairings I write about are fairly compatible if not already somewhat established, so I don't really have a hard time with that.

I don't know Total Drama Island, but from your description, it might be vaguely adequat if Gwen "pulls a Hinata", as I like to put it. The whole "putting on a facade" and secretly admiring Owens attitude. Then again, the whole 'mask'-deal is pretty much done to death.

But hey, psychology is a weird thing, so nothing is out of the realm of plausibility.

I'm currently in sort of a pinch where most request I have taken are pretty much done... safe for the smut scenes, which I can't seem to write all of a sudden. It is strange, maybe I am just overdosed on sex and need to lay off for a while to get that whole grove in me again, who knows?

I presume that it is somewhat like your lack of finding a way to get those two together. Don't try to force yourself on writing something but rather let it fly towards you, if that piece of well-known advice can offer you any help. :rolleyes:

Guest GothamKnight1992

Well I was thinking of injecting, some of my own personality, into Owen because I can't think of any other way to portray him. I can see a little bit of myself in Owen because I'm overweight, and I'm a glutton, like him but I'm kind of shy, when it comes to interacting with people in the flesh, so I would make Owen a quiet person and I would have him sit alone at the table during lunch time.

I suppose I could have Gwen sit next to him at the table and converse with him but I'm not sure where to go from there because she doesn't seem like the flirty type in fact Gwen is pretty moody (and by moody I mean angry) most of the time. By the way Total Drama Island is an animated reality show it's currently airing on Canada's Teletoon and America's Cartoon Network.

Edited by GothamKnight1992

My best idea is to make Owen a more in depth character and have him do something unexpected that gets Gwen's attention and makes her kind of like him.

Guest GothamKnight1992
My best idea is to make Owen a more in depth character and have him do something unexpected that gets Gwen's attention and makes her kind of like him.

Thanks for the advice.

Why are you trying to write a story about these two? If you don't see how they could get together, why are you making yourself write this pair instead of something more plausible to you?

I'm writing a story now where two characters think they hate each other, but in the case of one, he's very emotionally repressed so his emotions confuse him and make him cranky, which he takes out on the second character. The second character thinks the first guy is mean, but is starved for attention so he will go out of his way to annoy the first guy to get attention. As a result, even as they make each other crazy they are spending a lot of time together and lonely with out each other. Add some life or death drama to make them be honest with themselves as well as each other...and ten chapters later they're in bed.

I didn't want the story to be that long, but it took that long to show how they went from hating each other to wanting each other without having them break character.

And, ten chapters in, they're in bed, but they still haven't figured out they're in love yet.

It's gonna take me another ten chapters to evolve "one night stand" into "relationship."

I would suggest giving Owen and Gwen something in common, so they have a reason to keep talking to each other.

Guest GothamKnight1992
Why are you trying to write a story about these two? If you don't see how they could get together, why are you making yourself write this pair instead of something more plausible to you?

Well I like crack pairings that's why I'm writing it and I don't like Trent or Izzy that's why I'm pairing Owen together with Gwen. They might be out of character but I guess that's okay because it's a crack pairing....I don't see to many crack pairing stories around here.

Edited by GothamKnight1992

• 2 months later...
Why are you trying to write a story about these two? If you don't see how they could get together, why are you making yourself write this pair instead of something more plausible to you.

I'm not referring to the said pairing (hey, I don't even know who they are) but in general because this is the point in my fanfiction (and the reason why I absolutely hate some pairings). Okay, I don't usually do the romance thing anyway (except Lucius/Draco, I'm completely obsessed with consensual Malfoycest), but in general I just love dubious consent, though some good old in-out non-con is nice too :unsure: