Click Here!

A "button" of some kind for completed stories

Trollmia

I'm not the most active member in the forum - and I'm myself is the first to admit that... Never the less... but going back in the archives of stories... I realize... there's something a miss here...

Something that you can see for sure if the author is DONE with the story or NOT. A "complete"-button so to speak. Sure this will not make do for the writers that left us and left their stories uncompleted here, but those that are still active and have made a complete story, there should be something to MARK IT as complete...

Is this a bad idea? Personally - I would love such a mark of some kind. And of course - there should also be a button for Unfinished stories (Work in progress) or a mark as well.

Here's an idea to make space in AFF-servers. If the author does not update an unfinished story in 2 years (I know I will be a target for it too)... check it together when the author was logged in... (if it has been more than a year since the author has logged in)... why not remove the story...?? It gives those with new stories and ideas more playroom...

Well, this is just me fooling around with ideas that pops up... Good/Bad... or perhaps even - damn it's horrible... It is still just ideas..

So what do you say folks?

Sincerely

Trollmia or Atropa (which ever you prefer - it's the one and the same person in the end)...

I'm not the most active member in the forum - and I'm myself is the first to admit that... Never the less... but going back in the archives of stories... I realize... there's something a miss here...

Something that you can see for sure if the author is DONE with the story or NOT. A "complete"-button so to speak. Sure this will not make do for the writers that left us and left their stories uncompleted here, but those that are still active and have made a complete story, there should be something to MARK IT as complete...

Is this a bad idea? Personally - I would love such a mark of some kind. And of course - there should also be a button for Unfinished stories (Work in progress) or a mark as well.

Here's an idea to make space in AFF-servers. If the author does not update an unfinished story in 2 years (I know I will be a target for it too)... check it together when the author was logged in... (if it has been more than a year since the author has logged in)... why not remove the story...?? It gives those with new stories and ideas more playroom...

Well, this is just me fooling around with ideas that pops up... Good/Bad... or perhaps even - damn it's horrible... It is still just ideas..

So what do you say folks?

Sincerely

Trollmia or Atropa (which ever you prefer - it's the one and the same person in the end)...

That's a great idea and I agree! Frequently, I'm entering '+completed' in the search in both the title and the summary area to try and located fics that are done. That'd be very helpful...Maybe when the person marks it something, there is some kind of icon, color or marking that makes those fics stand out?

I didn't know that... but now I do :D You learn something new every day.

Sounds really good - I will looking forward to it.

As you all know, the current software doesn't have that capability. But, we already have planned that for a tool in the new stuff. Should make for better search options, at the least.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.