Click Here!

Golden Sun "child of incest" challenge

The Pairing Guy

This challenge was inspired by the GS classic "Sins of the Flesh"(also known as "Sibling Love") by Moridin. For those who haven't read it, the story is about Felix and Jenna being in love. Deciding they don't care about their love being wrong, they begin fornicating. After a night and a morning of making love, however, they become worried about what other people will think if they have a baby and decide to give up their incestuous relationship.

The challenge, in a nutshell: Write a sequel to "Sins of the Flesh" in which Felix and Jenna do have a baby, and how they deal with it.

There are two possible ways this could happen. Felix inseminated Jenna twice in "Sins of the Flesh", so she could have gotten pregnant then. Or Felix and Jenna realized they couldn't resist each other forever and resumed their incestuous relationship. I have a slight preference for the second possibility, but either way the writer wants to do it is great with me.

Now, general challenges don't seem to generate much interest, so to satisfy this challenge, you must take one of the two choices below. (Or if you want, you can follow both paths in one long fic.)

Path A - Show how everyone reacts to Jenna's pregnancy: Felix and Jenna themselves, their friends, and their neighbors. Incest is highly taboo, especially in pre-industrial societies like Weyard where family was considered very important, so this should not be a story about everyone saying "Oh well, incest, we can learn to accept that!" Even their friends should at the absolute least be disturbed by the revelation and disappointed in Felix and Jenna, if not outright hostile. How do Felix and Jenna deal with this? Do they give the baby up to a normal couple? Move away to a new village and not tell their new neighbors that they're siblings? Or do they break up for good? If they do, which of them will take care of the baby?

Path B - Fast forward to when Felix and Jenna's baby is grown up, five years old or older. What is he like? Children produced by incest are likely to have health problems, mental retardation, etc., and if his peers know how he was conceived, he'll be ostracized. How does he deal with this, and knowing that his parents are brother and sister? Or do they keep it secret by not raising him together?

Sex is optional(I think two siblings having a baby is enough to qualify the fic as adult fiction), but if you want to put some in, I have a few suggestions I can offer.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.