Click Here!

I could use some code advice.

temp_anon

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I think this is the most relevant place to ask this in. I'm awful at story codes and find it a bit overwhelming to find every last tag that could be applied to a potential upload, even to the point where I'm not sure if I should upload anything. How do you guys manage to sort through all the codes and find what describes your fic?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I think this is the most relevant place to ask this in. I'm awful at story codes and find it a bit overwhelming to find every last tag that could be applied to a potential upload, even to the point where I'm not sure if I should upload anything. How do you guys manage to sort through all the codes and find what describes your fic?
Well, there's two reasons to tag.

To invite those with a certain interest and to warn off those with disinterest. If your story is about a man getting a blow job, then it needs an Oral tag. If the story is about two men getting drunk and sloppy and one says 'bite my crank!' but the other refuses, the invitation to oral sex wouldn't really be enough to satisfy anyone looking for such things, nor offensive to those that are squicked out by such things. So the tag wouldn't really be relevant.

Figure what is the main plot element or elements in your story and select those tags. Gender(s) involved, major intercourse actions, and anything that will drive certain readers screaming into the night.... Anything more than two or three is probably overdoing it unless you really put effort into the full spectrum of perversions in your story.

For me, if the story description is shorter than the list of warning codes, i'm unlikely to open it.