Click Here!

Guyver/Evangelion Crossover (with Harem)

Snake_King

I’ve seen people attempt this crossover before, but none have finished writing their takes on the idea or do it in a way that fully satisfies me.  The idea is a good one, taking elements from both anime and combining them into something that’s fun to read, but what it all comes down to is execution.  Therefore, I’ve cooked up this idea and am throwing it out there to see if someone will give it a shot:

Premise: Takes place almost immediately after Asuka’s introduction.  Shinji is walking home by himself one day after getting an earful from the fiery redhead at school when he hears an explosion.  He goes to investigate, but finds nothing but a newly made crater covered in soot and flames, and not far from it, he sees what turns out to be a Guyver unit.  He touches it, and accidentally activates it, and it attaches itself to him, forming the Guyver armor.  Not knowing what just happened to him, Guyver-Shinji is almost immediately confronted by three Zoanoids, whom he dispatches with surprising ease, leaving them as bloody and torn pulps.  Shocked by this, he blacks out, and then finds himself in bed the next morning, wondering if what happened the previous day was all just a dream.  However, he soon finds that it wasn’t as more Zoanoids are sent his way, along with the haunting realization that SEELE is actually run by the Chronos Corporation.  It’s a battle for survival as Shinji must use the powers of the Guyver to end the threat of Chronos and the advent of the Angels, as well as deal with the fact that the females in his life value him in more ways than he realized.

Requirements:

• The Guyver Unit helps Shinji better control the Eva Unit, as well as help him communicate with his mother’s soul inside of it.
  • Gendo’s plans are revealed early on to Shinji, and the boy confronts his father about it, with the two coming to blows, and ultimately ending in Gendo realizing that his plans are futile and that his son has now gone beyond his ability to control.
  • As the fighting goes on, Shinji gains character development in the form of more confidence and self-worth, but never gets to the point of arrogance.
  • At one point, Shinji decides he’s had enough of Asuka’s attitude, and gives her a big “Reason You Suck” speech, and after which, she finally owns up to her faults and gives a heartfelt apology, with the two growing closer as a result.
  • Shinji gains a harem composed of the main females he knows:
    • Misato Katsuragi
    • Rei Ayanami
    • Asuka Langley Soryu
    • Dr. Ritsuko Akagi
    • Maya Ibuki
    • Hikari Horaki
    • Mari Illustrious Makinami
  • All the women in Shinji’s harem gain Guyver Units after finding them buried in the ancient relic spaceship.
  • The Guyver Units gradually give their wearers supermodel and Olympic figures over time, as well as immortality, and eternal youth.
  • The Angels are revealed to be more far more intelligent than the humans initially thought, and had fought with the aliens that created the Zoanoids and Zoalords in ancient times.  They seek to retrieve Lilith from NERV and finally bring an end to the aliens once and for all for destroying their home all those millenia ago.  This revelation causes Shinji and friends to form a tenuous alliance with the Angels, with the promise of leaving each other the Hell alone when the conflict is over.
  • Sex scenes include: anal, spanking, dirty talk, exhibitionism, and possibly milking.

I don’t want any of this:

• Rape
  • BDSM
  • Scat
  • Mind Break
  • Pegging
  • NTR (I LOATHE this with a passion)
  • Zoanoid sex
  • Zoalord sex

Well, that’s the challenge.  If you have any thoughts or questions about this or would like to try it, let me know.

Edited by Snake_King

Lovely concepts. I’m an old time fan of Guyver and I couldn’t help be interested in the idea. Here a few suggestions of my own if you are interested.

1. The purpose of Chronos is to find and destroy the Creators who had fled Earth when the 1st Guyver showed that he was freed of their control and more powerful than they thought, at which point they tried to obliterate Earth via meteorite. It wouldn’t make any sense for the Angels to fight against Chronos/Seele if they too are against the creators. It would make more sense if they were the Creators’ 3rd attempt at eradicating humanity (wink wink: 1st impact, 2nd impact etc ect where all attempts at correcting the “human mistake”).
  2. In the manga, Chronos while still a bunch of dickbags, helped humanity to end world hunger, advanced medical technology by leaps and bounds, and while they could have enslaved everyone, they made becoming Zoanoids a voluntary process. So, unless you were a Guyver or one of the hapless dude in the army at the time of the global conquest, they would be very nice guys. It doesn’t make sense for them to be antagonist instead of the Angels.
  3. Gendo could very well be a Zoalord, tasked to keep the Angels at bay while they work on their Ark project to bring the fight back to them on their home planet. Of course, Gendo being Gendo, he has every intention of setting a course for humanity himself, one freed of both the Creators and Chronos. Now, Alkanphel, the leader of Chronos, knows that Gendo isn’t one to be trusted, so he makes a dick move of his own and turns Shinji into a Zoanoid himself, only the project gets screwed up and he turns out as a Lost Number (a Zoanoid that’s immune to the Zoalord’s control). Still, he’s more or less loyal to Chronos and accept the task of infiltrating the Nerv and act as a pilot, just because he kind of hates Gendo. 
  4. Gendo, knowing that he can compete with Alkanphel and all of Chronos, steals the Guyver armor for himself but it’s Shinji who ends up activating it as he tries to retrieve it for Chronos. 
  5. In the meantime, another group comes into play. A terrorist/resistance group, the Zeus Thunderbolts, lead by Agito Makishima, the user of another Guyver unit. He wishes for supreme control and power for himself and leads a ragtag group composed by people that had been screwed over by Chronos. He seeks to derail 3rd impact for himself and become a God.
  6. Lastly, Guyver units are SUPER-DUPER-powerful. There can’t be that many laying around, so you should pick who gets to have one other than Shinji. Asuka? Personally I think her shtick should be being the best EVA pilot in the series. Rei? She’s part Angel so she shouldn’t need the unit to keep up with anyone. Ritsuko? As much as I love the fake blonde, she’s not much of a fighting spirit. She could be some Zoanoid chick like Griselda, loyal to Gendo (or at least she looks like it). Misato? Now, she’s a soldier, totally unaware of Chronos and the Creators. She has a desire for revenge herself and she hates not being able to fight the good fight. Finding one of the Guyver Units could change that, as well as put her into the position where she is coveted by all parties.

So, we have a four way conflict, with Chronos that seeks to protect and harness humanity against the Creators, Gendo who wishes to set humanity free from all parties, Agito that pretends to have the same goal but he’s actually in it only for himself and lastly the Angels, while Shinji can’t get to decide where his loyalties lay, Asuka doesn’t know what’s what anymore, Rei tries to figure what the hell she is and Misato that must understand what’s best for herself and the people she cares about.

How’s that for an outline?

Lots of interesting ideas in that outline, and I like most of what you said.  However, there is one tidbit that I’m not really on board with.  Namely, the bit about Shinji being a loyal Lost Number Zoanoid and then getting the Guyver unit.  I’d prefer him to start out as a normal if somewhat hapless youngster who gets thrown into this situation by forces he’s unaware of and who’re beyond his ability to control, and for him to just have the Guyver armor.  Other than that, almost all of what you said makes sense from a narrative perspective.

Some of the reasons for why I posted it the way I did:

• I refer to the creators as the aliens because I wanted to move away from the whole “aliens created humanity” thing and just say that they interfered in our history, as well as leave the origins of mankind and life on Earth ambiguous.  Less chance of offending anyone that way.
  • Having the Angels be against the aliens for destroying their home would make them more sympathetic, as well as give them development into something beyond being just a bunch of weird monsters that attack on a weekly basis.
  • This would be before Chronos does the hostile worldwide takeover, and while I agree that they did do a lot to help humanity after that event, it should also be noted that they purposefully neglected to mention that anyone who becomes a Zoanoid is subjected to Zoalord mind control.  If that were to be revealed, I’m pretty sure that Chronos’ popularity rates would take a turn for the worse, to say the least.

As for your thoughts on who would get Guyver units aside from Shinji, I suppose it would make sense for Misato to be the only one who gets it while most of the others already have something that makes them badass.  Although, I didn’t see you address Mari, Hikari, or Maya, since they were also listed in the harem.  I suppose that Ritsuko could as the group’s inside man (or woman) in Gendo’s plans.  Though still, like I said, the Guyver units would help to keep their users alive and young as well as have perfect bodies.

As far as I’m concerned, fanfics are by their very nature Alternate Universes, and this would be taking a lot of artistic license with both Guyver and Evangelion.

Get what I mean on all this?

I do understand, I just don’t agree with it as it doesn’t tickle my writing taste buds. When I do crossover, I try to remain as faithful to the original material as possible, so butchering Chronos to make the Angels sympathetic doesn’t really suit me.

Anyway, currently I’m too busy to take on this challenge, but if the plot bunny doesn’t leave me alone I’ll give it a shot. So far, it put me in the mood to read Guyver again, so who knows?

I suppose that could work, but on the proviso that Shinji not know that he’s been optimized until later when it’s gradually revealed.  That sound reasonable to you?

• 1 year later...

I don’t know if anyone is still interested in this, but I just wanted to clarify something.  When I put the part about all of Shinji’s girls having Guyver units of their own in, it was in consideration of a fact about the Guyver.  Namely, those who have units tend to be immortal, with them remaining the same age forever and/or being cloned back into existence with their memories intact if their bodies are destroyed and the control medal is unharmed.

So, if Shinji was the only one with a Guyver Unit, then he would outlive all of his loved ones and his harem.  However, if they had units of their own or had some other means of remaining alive, then the problem would be side-stepped altogether.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.