Click Here!

Number of words allowed

FairyNiamh

How Many words per chapter is allowed. I have searched everywhere and have been unable to find the answer. If this is posted inthe wrong place my most humble apologies.

Thanks,

FairyNiamh

Along the same lines, but a different question.

This character limit in the summary includes the story codes. I'm finding that I don't really have enough room for both summery and all the required codes. Is there something I'm missing about how to add story codes besides in the text box after you've uploaded the story initially? (Like where we get to choose them from a list initially)

The summery has a character limit of 250 characters, which I'm sorry to say also includes the warnings.

Most of the time, I can get away with a small summary and have a bigger one in the story itself, in the disclaimer.

For example: (I'll use one of my stories, even though the summary fit in the box)

Title: Back to the Past.

Author: Beth Brownell

Rating: The first few chapters will be PG 13 but the later chapters will be R.

Summary: There is a new evil wizard for Sauron, now by the name of Shaquar who sends Legolas and Aragorn to a time they are considered fictional characters. Can they return home or are they lost in this new time and era.

The characters in the story: Legolas, Aragorn, Tari Lightfeather, Teltarma mother of Tari, Arden Gondor father of Tari. Elrond or ‘Hugo Weaving’ depends on what scene he’s in; Saul Gondor adopted brother of Tari. There will be others.

Will it be continued in a different story? : If you the reader are demanding it, when this story is done, then I shall write it.

Archive: Please ask me first and let me know where it is archived so I may direct people to your webpage. ;)

Pairings: Legolas and Tari Lightfeather.

Disclaimer: I am not J.R.R. Tolkien and never will be. I’m just borrowing his creations for a bit, no harm will come to them.

Author’s Note: This is not the normal LoTR fanfic. There is a new evil wizard for Sauron, (with the destruction of the One Ring, he is barely alive instead of being killed off, you can’t really kill evil, you can push it down for a time but it is still there waiting biding its time to raise up again.) now by the name of Shaquar. The Orcs are now following the orders of Shaquar. But this wizard will send our two favorite Fellowship members to a time where they are considered to be only fictional characters. :jaws:

The Summary held about under a hundred characters but as soon as I add the warnings, it made it go close to 160 characters.

Just use your word count and scroll over your summary that you have on your page before copying and pasting it up there to be sure that you have enough space for the warnings.

Beth

As far as I'm aware, there is no limit. Sometimes, your connection may drop a data packet, in which case, simply try again and it should work

Thank you very much, my co-author was very concerned over this as her chapter is quickly reaching 10k words. ;) She'll be relieved to hear this news.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.