Click Here!

Really? No topics?

In my opinion, everyone needs to smoke more blunts. Trust me, after about the third pass around the circle, it will seem a lot less important.

Yes, PorkChop, you are right, there isn't enough posts in the het section. I came here looking for posts and all I found was this thread. Yes, nobody even blinks at Bukkake anymore, but I really hope bestiality doesn't become prime time Fox, animal rights and junk. I'll check out your Sailor Moon fics, I used to like that fandom quite a bit back in the day.

Yes, Savial, het can be smokin' if done correctly.

Zyx, you hit the nail right on the head. It is important to remember that we are all just a bunch of pervs.

BelleKeat, you are right, Yaoi authors do seem to feel the need to make one of the male characters into a girl with a penis and it is annoying.

Now if you are lucky enough to have the green, sm0ke a J for me because I've no money to spend on such luxuries anymore. Bad economy and all that.

YES!!!! I totally agree the world would be a much better place, with less negativity, if everyone smoked more joints!!! I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to say that when people take things so seriously instead of just saying, hey we all have our different opinions, no ones right no ones wrong. ANYWAY.... I used to read a lot of m/m fics but now I'm more into hetero. So I guess I'm the third woman on here that enjoys m/f relationships.

oh btw porkchopexpress86- weed is much better for you than booze.... just sayin

• 6 months later...
Guest Ragola
And are you trying to say that you don't generalize people? If so you're either slow witted or a liar. Symbolic Interactionism (see George Herbert Mead's work on the subject) is how humans make sense of the world. We assign meaning to the symbols of skin color, looks, speech patterns, ethnicity, etc. Without these symbols to go on every new encounter would take an exorbitant amount of wasted time. You aren't some enlightened sage of human relation, you stereotype people on a daily basis just like anyone else.

I don't know...I think a little less generalization and a little more understanding would improve things a heck of a lot.

:bounce: Hi!

I like Het because I'm a traditional kind of person. I actually only like sex in stories on AFF when it includes my favorite characters(who happen to be male and female), and not really because of the sex, but because it involves an engrossing, credible plot with romance and adventure. That's it. That's what makes me like a story and want to keep reading it over and over again. By this, I don't mean only fanfiction, but any story. And the very heart of the matter is that when I read about a particular pairing, it reminds me of my man and I, so of course, I find it much more romantic than any other kind of relationship which does not involve a man and a woman. Either way, for my likes, I can read a whole story on anything, including teen love or young romance, which never even has any insinuation of sex, and I can enjoy it. But the point is, that I prefer Het relationships, no matter what the topic is. I think that maybe it just depends on the fandom in general for seeking out the kind of relationships you want. There are fandoms that have huge ships on het parings, while very little in the yuri or yaoi department, but you just gotta look for them. Since the only thing I read is het, I just skip the others. Anyways, het is just so much more romantic for me since I can actually relate to it, so I love reading and writing it. :blush:;)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest MagicWords

From the Erotic writer's perspective, I believe the draw is a glimpse into the unknown, the "Taboo".

Het Sex is just as hot, but the forbidden elements attract both male and female readers, straight and gay.

Women DO get turned on by M/M sex, and men, (even "straight" men and despite denial), DO get turned on my M/M fiction.

I think the inclination for men in general, to enjoy F/F sex is probably greater than for straight women, but only slightly so.

Threesomes + are also something that cover all the elicit bases and therefore generate a great deal of interest in fanfic and in general.

However, as other comments noted, the Het - M/F category can be amped up simply by adding additional, non-traditional elements, ( ANAL, BDSM, VOY, etc.), to the M/F sex.

I think the really BIG factors to whether or not a story is "popular" are:

1. The author's technical control of the written word (does the text flow easily; is it free of grammatical and spelling errors?)
  2. The author's ability to craft a story that makes sense and keeps you interested.
  3. The author's ability to bring the story to life-- can you easily visualize what is taking place on the page and does it suck you in to the action?

Give me a story that meets that criteria and I don't care if it's M/F, M/M, F/F sex... or any combination thereof--I WILL keep reading.

:sex:

Just my personal observations...for what they're worth.

• 1 month later...

Wtf is with the homophobia here..?

Ew. Grow up people.

Yhea, nobody was being homophobic, just saying they don't personally like like yaoi fics. Then again this is the het board so everyone is automatically a close-minded homophobe, right?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.