Click Here!

And a question about rewritten stories

tehuti88

One more question for the night. ;_;

I just noticed the new(?) rule regarding rewritten stories being merged with their older versions. I'm currently rewriting one of my short stories and the new version (a multipart novella) will be so vastly different from the original that they're practically different stories. My original intent was to leave the old one up and eventually post the new one, so readers could enjoy and compare/contrast both. Under the new rule, is this not allowed? Would I still have to delete the old version?

Alternately, would I be allowed to include the old version as a chapter/section of the new version instead? Or would that be breaking rules?

If that wouldn't be allowed, what of posting the old version to my "Explanations & Disclaimers" thread (which I currently use for author's notes that are too long to post to the archive)?

Sorry for all my questions. :/ (Sorry also if this posts twice, I'm having trouble.)

Edited by tehuti88

Not so new on the merging thing, what IS new is having a procedure in place for it that is publicly posted so members know about and can work with us on it.

I'm currently rewriting one of my short stories and the new version (a multipart novella) will be so vastly different from the original that they're practically different stories. My original intent was to leave the old one up and eventually post the new one, so readers could enjoy and compare/contrast both. Under the new rule, is this not allowed? Would I still have to delete the old version?

It's allowed provided that you contact staff with both links, and then let staff know when you're done adding the rewrite. DO NOT delete the old version, as it needs to exist before I can merge over reviews, ratings and hits. Once I'm done with the story merge, I'll delete the old copy.

Alternately, would I be allowed to include the old version as a chapter/section of the new version instead? Or would that be breaking rules?

Yes, you can include the old version within the new version. After all, when rewriting, often with some stories, it's an expansion and change of something older.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.