Click Here!

Milk Cows and Moving Parts - Review Replies

pittwitch

Thank you so much to the readers who took time from their busy lives to feed this author's soul. Truly, that's how reviews feel to me!

I originally wrote this after another writer slammed a challenge at me via email -- through a call for submissions for a Steampunk Anthology. There was a pretty picture which captured my imagination. The story wasn't accepted but I didn't think it was recycle bin worthy, so I shared. I am pretty sure that I missed the steampunk requirement by a mile and a half. Steampunk background here: http://www.steampunk.com/what-is-steampunk/ Think Wild Wild West with Will Smith.

Lisa - I did read Toy Store after your review and chuckled. Great minds come up with some twisted machines! The idea of the milking machine has been lurking in the plunny hutch for eons, mainly in the form of a post-apocalyptic alien society story wherein the men have basically been bred into impotence so the women kidnap a few prime examples of another race, hold them in a production facility and mechanically harvest the semen. No clue what spawned that idea, but it will not leave me alone. Thank you for wanting to see more of Finn and Jeremiah. I hadn't thought of them past the one-shot status. Who knows? Maybe after I clean up a SPN fanfiction I've got in the works, I can see where this one goes.

KatC - Well, now that you've tossed some very entertaining ideas at me, I may have to reopen my notebook with this sordid little tale. Thank you for your kind words and inspiration. It means a lot.

That you both want to read more, learn more about these characters is just about the highest praise I could ever ask for as a writer. THANK you!

Edited by pittwitch

Dear Bronx:

Yes, I did publish it. Despite your kind words, I still feel like a missed the steampunk mark, lol. I do have a fondness for these two. Poor Finnbar is really trying to escape his fate as a mere farmhand. Mr. Keane's special recipe has many other uses, I'm sure. :)

Thank you for your praise and support. I'd have thrown in the pen and paper a long time ago if it weren't for wonderful friends like you.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.