Click Here!

one of my stories is in "zMisplaced Admin Only"

Hey, I have a story that's been moved around since the archive cleanup. I totally get why, it's one I'm not really sure where to put myself. It's "Dyad: Kreshjur and Kajin" and is very mythical and original and deals with a lot of legend lore, but there's not a category for that in the "Originals" section. Could we get something like that for that area? I know that there's a "Legends/Myths/Lore" section in the book category, but honestly I thnik that if someone's writing about a public domain myth that's as old as the hills it's probably going to be largely original anyways (and/or there are a ton of "original" stories that are about as "original" as the myth they're modeling themselves after - just a few names are changed). I know it's a messy category, but imo these are messy stories that can slop over a ton of areas. I use a lot of historical Egyptian stuff, make a lot of references to ancient religions, but also have magic be real and use Atlantis and crap so it's not really historical, has very much an RPG aspect to it, and also is focused on a romance and is gay so I have like 6 categories to choose from and none that I'd really be happy with (especially with Legends/Myths/Lore over in the Books section).

So yeah, was wondering that's possible/acceptable to you guys just have Legends/Myths/Lore simply be a category under Originals and condensce it all there.

Totes understandable, and also a lot of what I was suggesting. Having Legends/Myths/Lore is also a little annoying to me as well, because unless it's something like the Illiad specifically, many of the stories, imo, that would fit into the criteria of Legends/Myths/Lore does not come from any particular source (and more often than not, nowadays, is an amaglamation of whatever people have collected). At the very least, if it's not "original" enough for the originals section, a lot of the content that people have actually uploaded either does not belong in the Books archive or also can be so varied from the original myth that it could hardly be called the same "fandom" (if those even exist for this type of content, which can be so varied with each retelling). If I were to write a story about Titania, Queen of the Fae, and I only really have some encyclopedia references while the bulk of the story is original, it just doesn't make sense to go under the "Books" section and find Legends/Myths/Lore there. My personal preference would having it just be one of the sub-categories, like vampires and slash under Originals, which would nicely divide apart the Fantasy, Historical, and then Legends/Myths/Lore categories that can really overlap sometimes.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.