Click Here!

What's Your Favorite Food?

greenwizard

Yeah, when I was a kid, I hated potatoes. I remember putting LOTS of ketchup on them just to make them palatable enough for me to choke down. (They always got stuck in my throat.)

er, and I'm not ignoring that yummy looking recipe. I'm considering it....it is slowly rolling around in my mind....

<- not a vegetarian

er, and I'm not ignoring that yummy looking recipe. I'm considering it....it is slowly rolling around in my mind....

I prefer to do the meat like that, add in onions, and some bread crumbs (we just tear apart a couple slices of bread instead of buying "actual" bread crumbs)....cooking that in a pan until the onions are clear...then rolling out homemade noodles...and making the filled noodles. We just didn't have time to make and roll the noodles (let alone time to let them cook until the noodles were done - in a big pot of beef broth, if you're wondering LOL)....so that's how hubby actually came up with the meat and potatoes...thing. LOL

We also make a lot of "Snape's Special". Any fan of Harry Potter will get the reference. We throw leftover meat into the crock pot (combined meats or one single meat - smoked sausage, hot dogs, beef, pork chops - literally any meat, cut into small cubes) add some beef or chicken broth (depending on what the main meat is), throw in some veggies (usually carrots, peas and/or corn) and add black beans. Problem is, the one night, we didn't have time to rinse the beans so EVERYTHING in the pot came out a sickly grey color. Looked horrible, but it was AWESOME. LOL The kids actually named that dish.

Another favorite of mine is hubby's Raspberry Lemon Lime Chicken...that one's a bit harder to explain, but I can dig around for the recipe if anyone's interested.

Grape Balls are easy....meatballs (60 - 100 large ones or 150 - 200 smaller ones) with equal amounts (we typically use 32 oz. of each) of grape jelly and spaghetti sauce. Cook until frozen meatballs are heated through or broil home-made meatballs about 1 minute per side, then throw 'em in the crock...either way, wait until the grape jelly is "melted" into the spaghetti sauce. Sounds horrible, but they're really good. Everyone likes 'em so much, they've become a staple for us to bring to large family gatherings. At a wake for my friend's little sister, one of her relatives even put the leftover sauce from them into bowls to take home to freeze so she could make more later...worried she'd forget the recipe! LOL For a long time, this was the only way we could get our picky 2nd child to eat meat at all.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.