Click Here!

Abuse Of Power

Terri

Here's something I think we can all relate to. You end up in a situation that maybe you didn't ask for and need some help in some way. Someone offers to help you with said problem - but for a price that most would consider too high. Whether it be for sexual "favors", profit or something even worse.

I'm the first to admit half the time we're the ones that get ourselves into these situations. After all we mentioned we needed the help, we accepted their offer and therefore it's "understood" some sort of repayment is necessary. That's what a good defence attorney might try to pull off at least should someone be smart enough to have a tape recorder taping during the exchange face to face exchange or at least one saved chat log in which they initiated said "payment" or at the very least implied it in the first place.

Family members, supposed friends, teachers, employers, potential employers... the list goes on and they all know that people in desperate situations will do things they would ordinarily never consider and these kinds of people prey on just that. My story inolved an attorney... I won't go too much into it because I doubt there's anyone who'd say I didn't bring it on myself and I agree, I don't deny it and while I wish I could go back and change that, I can't. Thankfully the price I paid wasn't nearly as dire as others' or as dire as it could have been.

Why do I bring this up now? Let's just say in some ways I'm having to finally confront it in ways I hadn't expected. Anyway, feel free to share your own story if you wish and let's see if anyone has any other ideas about about ways to really combat things like this beyond "just saying no from the start" because not only is that not always an option, most of these people won't mention it until it's literally too late