Click Here!

New layout

bookworm51485

I actually like the new colour scheme more than the previous one-- it reminds me of the old, old layout, which I still like more than any of the newer versions.

But I am getting tired of each of the new layouts being just tweaking the colour schemes of the previous layout, with a few slight modifications to the HTML/CSS. C'mon, the layout has been mostly the same since I joined the site, three years ago. Don't you think it's time for a new new layout?

I actually like the new colour scheme more than the previous one-- it reminds me of the old, old layout, which I still like more than any of the newer versions.

But I am getting tired of each of the new layouts being just tweaking the colour schemes of the previous layout, with a few slight modifications to the HTML/CSS. C'mon, the layout has been mostly the same since I joined the site, three years ago. Don't you think it's time for a new new layout?

Personally, I found the blue a lot more pleasing to the eye than the purple.

Personally, I kind of wish we could have several choices like are offered at some other sites, though I don't know if that's possible given that this site is a lot larger than those others. But it is nice to be able to have a choice and not be stuck with only one without the option of finding another that might, maybe, hurt your eyes a bit less.

I'm cool with the lavender. It's nice to change up the color scheme every once in a while to make things fresh to the eyes. Maybe if we can't have multiple colors to choose from on the web, perhaps every year there can be a vote of what color scheme to do next? smile.gif

Hopefully this will be the start of some good feature additions in the near future.

Oh, I love this new layout so much. It's not that different from the old layout but somehow it's more...professional? Very sleek. Purple was an interesting choice... I kind of like it. It seems all of the major sites I visit are blue now-a-days... I wish someone would do a green or (if they're especially bold) a brown. Purple is a welcome change!

Kudos on the logo, too. That may be a major reason I think it looks pro. xD

Oh, I love this new layout so much. It's not that different from the old layout but somehow it's more...professional? Very sleek. Purple was an interesting choice... I kind of like it. It seems all of the major sites I visit are blue now-a-days... I wish someone would do a green or (if they're especially bold) a brown. Purple is a welcome change!

Kudos on the logo, too. That may be a major reason I think it looks pro. xD

I wouldn't mind a brown. Hexfiles has one layout that's kind of a tannish/beigeish color that I think is the best layout that any of the sites has.

The logo is nice. I think the two things I didn't like were the purple, which just glared at me every time I encountered it, which of course is often. And the main page. I liked all the sections being on one page so there no scrolling involved to get to the lower sections, especially given that my computer can sometimes be anti-scroll.