Click Here!

Spamalot

dazzledfirestar

I have recently developed an addiction to the soundtrack and would die to see the show itself. So now I'm wondering if I'm the only one, or if it's catching on elsewhere. My favorite song has to be "The Song That Goes Like This", and of course the few Monty Python classics that are worked in.

*wanders off singing... I'll sing it in your face, While we both embrace, And then

we change the key...*

I love Monty Python and all of it's wackiness. I have a couple of CD's (including Monty Python sings) that I play a lot. I would love to see the show - although I would have wanted to see it with Tim Curry. You aren't alone Daz. (My favorite song btw has a line in it that goes "I love to oralize when I'm between your thighs - you blow me away" - absolutely hilarious)

They did the pre-B'way trial run in my fair metropolis and a co-worker and I wanted to go, badly, but we delayed and couldn't get tickets. D'oh! pinch.gif I bought the soundtrack as soon as it came out and was quickly loaning it out to several people.

I love The Song That Goes Like This and You Won't Succeed on Broadway; the latter, at one point, conjures up images from Fiddler, only with knights.

"I love to oralize when I'm between your thighs - you blow me away"

Now I've got that great Python classic "sit on my face and tell me that you love me" stuck in my head; thanks Leon! laugh.gif

You Won't Succeed on Broadway is close to the top of the list for me too! I just love the whole thing really... if I were still in theatre school I'd be looking for someone to do The Song That Goes Like This with as a project! laugh.gif Having been cast as the romantic female lead far too many times, I can relate! laugh.gif Unfortuantely I have nowhere to perform now. sad.gif But I can just sit in my livingroom and sing along to the whole thing I suppose! Wonder if the neighbors will complain... wink.gif

• 2 months later...
Guest Madapple

I did it, I saw Spam-A-Lot last weekend, in Denver.

It was the road cast, only seeing it with Tim Curry would have made it better.

John Cleese was the voice of God! (I always thought that was Alan Rickman.)

It was brilliant I tell you, Brilliant!

Guest Madapple

Yep, it was Nick! (I cross fandoms all the time. LOL. We should do a crossover, Nick and Spam-A-Lot's voice of God. It could sort of be urban mythology, although both are rather non-corporeal. . . nevermind, too convoluted.)

Although it was truly a minor part, and obviously recorded, he never actually appeared on stage, it was really nice to have one of the other Pythons so visibly supportive of the show!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.