Click Here!

Queensbride review responses and other such things.

Adelphus

6118568891_0a62a9398d_m.jpg

So you guys know I used to answer my comments a'for every new chapter, but then I got spanked by the mods, so I'm moving it here. I'll have a link leading here at the top o' every chapter to guide you. Post a review, get an answer here, as well as any news I wish to impart.:-)

Also, feel free to visit the art thread is over here.

Here be the answers to questions or answers written for Chapters 1- 19 that have info in them. You didn't think I just erased them all, did you? Not all reviews are here, only the ones with questions to answer or where the answers have info in them, and long posts have been shortened to the question/info part.

View tiny 'QueensbrideReviewResponses.rtf' file by clicking here.

Now, onward to Chapter 20 reviews!

Cheers!

Edited by Adelphus

Chapter Twenty - "In Which Phi Sleeps In."

Check it out! The Seal of the White Queen!

6118568891_0a62a9398d.jpg

Anyway,

Skyro 2011-09-03

This uh... this chapter.... *smirks, then breaks out into wild laughter* OH GOD!!! *laughs for a few minutes, then takes a few deep breaths* Oh, dearest Phi with her sudden bust of freedom turned into something I would pay to see, a comedy unmatched by anything in the whole world. I would only be worried that someone heard her, but I think you would have mentioned that. I'm not going to let that possibility drop though. It would make for interesting and incredibly stressful plot later. I am a little saddened that Sidja felt the need to leave out Her diary to test Phi, to see how much she could be trusted. But I understand at the same time. I just hope that Sidja is on Her way back to Her bedroom and that Phi doesn't look at anything, or simply waits for Sidja to return.

The second half of the chapter was just as amusing really. I don't just dislike Lord Averring now. I HATE him. I want to run a sword through his chest pinning him to a table or some wooden object, then quickly chop off his arms and his legs and let him bleed to death. Maybe even do it outside in the freezing cold. So it was ever so wonderful when he screwed up so many times, specially the last time where he screwed up in front of so many people. Her Majesty reacted so wonderfully and to best effect, driving home the point that She is once again running out of patience with him. Whatever is going to happen next will be interesting, or maybe not. But I feel that the future holds something interesting.

Thanks for posting the extra pictures. Sidja still doesn't look right. It's Her face that I just don't like all that much. I imagined something much softer and motherly. But this is just my imagination, as there is a solid image for Her that I'm not going to defy or suggest it to be changed. Phi being what she is makes it so much easier for me to see her as I first saw her, so thanks for providing images for her as well. The second image, with the all blue background where the two are in front of what I believe to be a frozen fortress. That picture is the best. Sidja is beautiful in ways that words cannot discribe and Phi is alongside her, the ever faithful servant girl. I love the broom too and can seriously see her sweeping up Lord Averring and then putting his sorry ass out into the snow. XD. Also, the comment you made in response to my last review, "Sidja wants both, but She doesn't know it yet.". Conventional wisdom says that She will never have both kinds of Phi. But I wish Her the best of luck and I wish Phi the best of luck in revealing her feelings to her beloved.

Thanks, mate! I know, short response to a long comment, but I can't say any more without giving stuff away.;-p

Teixeira 2011-09-03

The Bathory...Not too surprising if we take in consideration the nature of her outburst. She`s most instructed by Niccolò Machiavelli in regards of appearance. A King or Queen must exhibit virtues regardless of actually having them in their nature. Hence the term "benevolent dictator".

I'm... not sure what that means.

I do wonder just how big is her kingdom and if it suffers from a industrial revolution.

The Queen is glad you asked!

Behold! Sidjaland! Sort off. Well, close enough.

sidjaland.JPG

The Northern Lands are about as big as Mongolia, along with other territories and such. That may sound like a lot of people, but a good chunk of that land is near-uninhabited tundra. However, that tundra has a lot to offer as far as trade, such as fishing, hunting, furs, mining, lumber, and in the summer, ice!

The Northern Lands are on the verge of an industrial revolution, but it was always a very industry-minded country, what with the lack of viable farmland and such. The Northerners are also skilled craftsmen, and most of the world's processed metals and products there-of come from the Northern Lands. This has increased under the Queen, who invests heavily in the advancement of technology and science, especially where the military is concerned.

Are there any bourgeois inspired revolutionaries in regards of establishing democratic driven states?

There are, as in most monarchies, but the North is a somewhat nationalistic sort and their monarchy is deeply rooted in their identity. The states are fairly autonomous as well. The Queen prefers a light touch in such matters.

Or if there is any empires from beyond the mountains far more advanced than hers?

In other means, surely, but where the North excels, it leads. If Her technological journeymen find something more advanced somewhere else, it is soon brought back to the North,

I wonder just how endowed would Phi get when she grows into a woman,

Phi is a woman, just a small one, like me!

or the fact of her highness refusing to carry a child.

Again, there's reasons for that...

And just how old is her highness? Please don`t tell me she`s over one hundred years old because that would be shocking and and so scary...;_;

The Queen says, "I'm not that old! Why would I even be that old? I'm not really a witch."

At the time this novel was written, the Queen was 36. She is now 40. Phi was about 25 and is now about 29 (also like me! Why yes, Phi is sort of a Mary Sue, isn't she?)

Thanks for all the questions!

Saige 2011-09-03

I am obsessed with Lady Phi. Were she not the Queen's I might have lost myself to get her. Alas, I respect the Queen far too much to try and persuade Lady Phi otherwise. I must admit though, if Phi were actually royalty, it would be a sharp slap to Lord Averring and perhaps a decapitation if he were to try to do anything to her before they knew the truth. (I really want him to die in a very gruesome way though, decapitation's just too easy...)

The Queen, I feel as though I can relate to her. I think we have the same vicious, yet caring nature. And Lord Averring really is pissing me off. -.- (Death to that pompus ass!) I would like for her to at least hear some of what Phi was shouting to the high heavens, and even to hear how she spoke in her older voice... *sigh* I can't have every thing.

Waiting for your next update with bated breath

Saige

Thanks, mate! Phi is surprised that anyone would have an interest in her.

Here's Phi singing a song in her older voice (also me)

And if you skip to about 10:07 in this MST3K video, the woman in red sounds just like the Queen. Even sort of looks like Her!

Karl the Heretic 2011-09-03

Averring really annoys me now. I do so wish to see him taken down a great many pegs.

Also, I bet the wind from Phi opening the window disturbs the hairs on the Diary and she gets in trouble for it. That's what always happens in these stories.

Patience. Paaaaaaaaatience.;-)

Nighthawk 2011-09-04

I just started reading this. It's absolutely amazing. I love how the characters are developing as the story progresses. Can't wait to read more.

Thanks, mate!

RDarkstorm neo_ruka@live.com 2011-09-06

I just found this story a few days ago... I must say, I truly, truly love it. The Queen and Phi alike cause me to weep for their pain. Not the physical, but the emotional hurts that take so long to heal... I long for each to find their desire and be fulfilled. I also long for an update...

Thanks, mate. I'm glad it's working as it should...:-)

Ex ex@hohoho.net 2011-09-06

Excellent fic, even the sex doesn't seem THAT gratuitous and unnecessary.

But for the love of god, there's no need to reproduce the entire review you're replying to. When I have to actually scroll down considerably to see the start of the chapter, things have gone too far. Simply note the reviewer's name and give them their response, please.

Yeah, the mods yelled at me too, so now it's here!

As for gratuitous sex, yeah, there's a lot in there, but I made sure that if a scene was removed, it would effect the plot. Or tried, anyway. Hey, the Queen likes Her sex!

Edited by Adelphus

Hope you guys are finding your way here okay...

Chapter Twenty One - "In Which a Key is Dropped."

Dark Delta 2011-09-07

Awesome chapter!!!!!

Thanks, mate!

Skyro 2011-09-08

Hmm... quite the chapter. I actually don't really know what to make of it. It was cute and sweet how everything seemed to work out, how the Queen seemed to realize that she needed Phi. Then the ending, Phi asking for a hug at the end of the sexual stuff. That, kinda confused me. I just don't know what to make of wanting something as simple as a hug to make a person feel better, after something that is supposed to make both people feel incredible. How Phi gets sad from the sex is also confusing... oh well.

I am saddened that you can't review the reviews like you did, but alas... rules are rules. Look forward to seeing the next chapter

Ugh, bold hurts my eyes. Everything below this sentence is my answer.

Hope you found your way here, man.:-)

The truth, my friend, is that even though Phi loves her Queen so much, she is still essentially being raped every night. That tends to make people sad, especially if they are already struggling with self-worth issues. Add in the fact that sex in any form is totally new to her, and that she's not learning it in the most gentle fashion, AND has next to no time to process it while being under tremendous pressure to do so by a woman she loves dearly but can't have is, well, also sorta sad.

She's doing her best to not have it make her sad because then her precious Queen gets sad, but it's an exhausting battle. Even as her sexuality awakens, she can't have the physical contact she really craves, which is quiet intimacy. She can't even touch the woman she loves (although now she can <3). A hug may seem small, but the Queen didn't even want to give her that.

And such.

My_Jadis_gif_thing_by_HandmaidenPhi.gif

Edited by Adelphus

Guest disclaimer

hello,

my name is disclaimer, i have been reading you story since last night. i not much of a writer as you will be able to tell by this reply :). i have really enjoyed your story. so much so that i wanted to do some fan art for it. if i ever do any i will show it to you. can wait for the new chapter.

cheers

disclaimer.

p.s

is it weird that i feel like i am lord averring when i read this story.

Awwwww ! This was such a cute chapter. I'm glad I snuck on this morning to see what had updated. ^^ I can't wait to see what's in store for little Phi and Sidja (how I bow to her grace)

I want to see more!!

Chapter Twenty Two - "In Which a there is an Intermission."

Skyro 2011-09-10

I found the topic rather easily, with good old C&P. I just hope the other reviewers come back as well. Regarding this chapter, the title fits. A short intermission that speeds up the time frame of the seasons.

So like I said, this was a sort of "hurry it up" chapter. But it didn't disappoint. I'm glad to see the game of Chess brought back and that Phi is improving. Cheers to her for getting over old habits. Learning a bit more about Sidja and Her history makes it almost funny how things turned out. The end of the chapter made me snicker and also reminded me a little about my work *which isn't posted anywhere yet*. I can just see Phi being tormented by candle wax at some point... at least I think that is what Sidja meant by the candles.

Also, I understand now why Phi would be sad and I feel a little ashamed that I didn't realize it at first. Maybe like Sidja, I didn't think quite about how Phi would feel during sex and didn't learn until later how Phi felt. Oh well. I look forward to whatever will happen next. Plus I'm curious about, this line. "Phi always received her healing embrace as promised, and as Spring finally took hold across the land, the Queen prepared to fulfill the girl's second wish." The wish that Phi has. Maybe it was mentioned before, but I have either missed it or forgotten it. So this will be a surprise to me I hope. Good work.

Hey mate, glad you got here!

Also glad you understand Phi's dilemma. I've found a lot of forced D/s stories to be unrealistic in how fast the submissives adjust to their new situation, especially the virgins. I know 'QB' is a fantasy book, but I wrote it partially so outsiders of the BDSM scene could get a better idea as to what a D/s relationship is like between two human beings, not between two 2-D characters for fapping purposes.

Cheers again for your writing, as always. :-)

Edited by Adelphus

Chapter Twenty Three - "In Which it is Spring."

Skyro 2011-09-15

What a fun and playful chapter. As well as ever so slightly strange. Phi becomes so childish and innocent at the start, bubbling about in excitement. Sidja's comparison of Phi being much like a hunting dog in the manner she was acting. It's pretty cute, and reminded me of that one picture you shared on the art forums, of Phi attacking the lion, whatever his name is, to keep it from harming Sidja.

The middle of the chapter, completely dodging the lord and his usual way of trying to poke his nose into fucking everything, was cute. But it's also where it got strange, with the trees and Sidja's story about them. Though I do agree that some trees might have spirits in them, espcially when they survive in harsh environments.

Moments after, the jokes she made at Phi's expense. I am once again gifted to the sight of Sidja's sense of humor, something I had again thought had died long ago with her last servant, Celia. But onto more serious business, with the return of and more information provided about the Circle. The Circle of Roses... certainly a beautiful name, but just as scary and dangerous as a rose can be. There is a slight worry that I feel at this point, a slight concern that the Circle of Roses does more than just bring their servants and talk and have a little fun. I can only hope the experience isn't too dramatic or unhealthy in Phi's case.

Sidja is as clever as a wolf in sheeps clothing, using Her words to bait Phi so quickly. If only Phi weren't so loyal then she could avoid going to the party and avoid any major drama or harm that would befall her there. But alas, she will likely be ever loyal to her Sidja. I personally would be very distrustful of Sidja at that point and balk at Her talk about the Circle of Roses. There are also two things that make me very aware that something might happen at the party, both said by Sidja in some form. "I have happened upon a little rose hiding in the corner of My garden, a pale specimen with a hint of blush at the centre. I know you’ll love her." The last part of that sentence, and then this short sentence "Let the dance begin.”. It is as if Phi will be thrust into a very disgusting scene and be incredibly unwilling to do anything but cling to her Sidja and wait for the party to end. I'm keeping an eye on you Sidja... don't harm Phi any more than you already do.

Cheers as always, mate. I refuse to use the lion's name because he doesn't use the Queen's name.;-p The Queen's humour can be quite naughty at times. For instance, She continues to suggest changing the name of this book to "Royally Fucked." Oh Sidja. She also laughs heartily at the end of your review.

Phi doesn't really have a choice in the matter of going. She just likes to pretend she does.

Saige namiechikamatsu@live.com 2011-09-15

My deepest sentiments of awe are given to you. I had an idea that the circle of roses would be something along those lines, and I would have loved to see Phi kick that pompous fool in the face. The fact that he was practically ordering her to 'Sit tight' was it? I truly think that he has a death wish. (If he wishes to die as much as all that, I would be more than happy to oblige him with my fiery temperament and dark nature)

And the fact that Phi let her guard down made me smile (laugh really). Tis the most pleasurable thing to read on the dawn of a new day. Thanking you plenty.

I will read again when next you decide to grace me with your presence (I was nearly going into withdrawal there for a moment, kept checking and not seeing anything new from you... -.-')

Ever your faithful servant

Saige

Sorry, love. Fell off my writing horse for a bit, but only because I was turning my Jadis doll into a Queen doll;

Before;

155029483_9b221865f8.jpg

After;

6150628493_a8f70b8bba.jpg

Extra; The Queen gets a hug while She waits for Her wig to be done;

6150626007_3676eaa11a.jpg

Thanks for staying with me. <3

Karl the Heretic 2011-09-15

Well well, it seems Her Majesty is human, after all. All this time She's come across... super-human. Good to see She isn't.

Phi is still an adorable little thing. How old is she, really?

The Queen would rather you continue to see Her as super-human.;-) Phi was about 25 at the time and is now about 29-30. The Queen was 36 and is now 40. Think it's impossible for a 25 year old to be that child-like? I was, and still am. In fact, I know loads of adult children. They tend to go by the title 'geek'. ;-)

Good to see you back again.

Chapter Twenty Four - "In Which Phi get Another Pin."

Skyro 2011-09-16

Royally Fucked? Quite serious, isn't She? But so lacking in imagination. I confess myself a bit saddened by that. I'm also rather glad She laughed. Perhaps it was just so silly that She didn't take me seriously though...

Onto the review. Yes. The Queen does NOT understand Phi's feelings at all about the collar. But I'll address that in a moment. Phi's doll really honestly took the spotlight for me, as it hopefully did for Sidja. It was just a token of affection, something made out of the pure desire of Phi's heart, even more for herself than for Sidja. Just to be that much closer to her Queen. It is all so true what Phi said, that a collar is the mark of ownership, the mark of an animal or a lesser being. So I say give Phi a pin and some small bit of clothing to wear it on. Perhaps a little ribbon with rather thick material, so the pin wouldn't pull right through it.

The end of the chapter redeemed Sidja ever so slightly, talking about my favorite person to hate in this story. Hopefully they can get rid of Averring and be at peace when they return to the castle. Would almost be nice if news came along that Averring was returning home and was killed by bandits along the roadside.

Bravo on another chapter and honestly, those dolls are cute. Wonderful work on them. As always, looking forward to the next chapter.

Cheers, mate. The Queen says She's quite entitled to Her bawdy opinion, but I doubt She'd actually let me rename it that.

Karl the Heretic 2011-09-16

Ooh, exciting! A gathering of, of, whatever they call themselves!

Connoisseurs. ;-p

Dark Delta 2011-09-18

Ok first off my apologies for not reviewing sooner, school has started again and work has gotten more intense. Now to answer your question i would totally buy this if you published it. Secondly i love how the story is progressing, the relationship between the queen and phi is just well done. Phi is one admiral cookie. Keep up the excellent work.

Thanks, love. I don't know if I can bring myself to delete it here, but that's probably a stupid move. Then again, I doubt I'd make all that much money selling.

Chapter Twenty Five - "In Which Phi and the Queen take a Ride in a Carriage."

Skyro 2011-09-19

This chapter, for some reason, made me feel completely different about Sidja again. I like her... I love her! This chapter erases all of the evil that she seemed to have around her. It's amazing how well you have done her in this chapter, truly. Phi seemed to become an ungrateful brat, shrinking back into her sad little "I don't deserve to be here" blah blah bullshit. I'm glad Sidja got her in line and got a bit of kinkiness in there. But that's about all I can say, sadly... sorry for such a short review.

Also, I would buy the ebook. It would be such a good read and enough kink to keep me entertained and wanting more and more. But since I can get it free here, no need to buy anything. Cheers.

S'okay about a short review. :-) Phi says, "You try having a history like mine and be unhindered by it." :wwe:

Dark Delta 2011-09-19

the kiss was just a lovely touch, and I'm excited to read when they meet the Baron. ^_~. Good job.

Thanks, mate! Go forth and read, as it is now up.

J3551c4t superhappygiraffe@gmail.com 2011-09-19

Soo, I had to review after I saw your last author's note. You are a writer, you enjoy writing which is why you do it, but if you can make money off of it, why not? That's called having a job (even a part time one) that you love to do. I think all of us want to have that. And you're leaving the book up on this site for free!!! If that's being money grubbing and selfish I think I need to redefine how I think about those words.

And I must say, I would totally buy your buy after having already read it. Totally worth it. I love Phi and I love the Queen. I especially love the Queen. On a side note, I typically don't reach femslash because of how awful it is. Glad to have found a gem here :)

Hey mate, thanks for your kind words.

I'm glad you'd buy the book anyway even though it is here for free. I'll probably have extra arts and stuff in it. I guess you all can do a search for 'Queensbride' once I finish it here, and wherever you find it is where it will be. I don't even know where or when that will be yet! <3

About the fem slash thing, I really hate that I have to have this in a separate category. I'd rather deal with stupid people not reading the summary and flaming me for it than having to put it in a special box because they both happen to be women. I'm thinking of asking the mods if I can move it to 'General'. There's a bunch of M/Ms in there as it is.

It's a romance novel, not a gay novel (though it is a BDSM novel). It has nothing to do with being gay. It's not AFF's fault, though. This is a publishing problem in general.

Karl the Heretic 2011-09-19

"He’s sort of a connoisseur of this sort of thing.”

“Of what sort of thing?”

“Sweet, pretty little girls.”

That sounds so wrong, but it made me laugh so hard. Nice work as usual!

Cheers, mate! Hope you all enjoy the Baron, ha ha!

Edited by Adelphus

Chapter Twenty Six - "In Which Phi meets the Baron on the Green and his Eight Ladies."

Skyro 2011-09-20

Yay! We finally meet the Baron. I like him too. Specially his name. But the girls are interesting as well. They all sound cute, but just seem to be little side shows. The conversation between Sidja and the Baron was unique and I do believe the Baron hit the nail on the head. So bravo to you sir. But more now onto the inventions that the Baron has created. He has a slight old fat kind man look to him, but the invention he created leads to me believing that under the fat and jolly attitude, the man is actually brilliant. Perhaps dangerous brilliant.

The rest of the chapter was simple, cute and fun. Phi though, still. She's being so silly. Phi, I have suffered a rather rotten life. I am a bit luckier than you, but not by much. So don't go sassing me little girl.

The appearance of this chapter surprised me, as I didn't expect another one so soon. Bravo on your swift speed, and double bravo to Sidja... though I might just be afraid of her cattle prod. Don't use it on me, Sidja! *points at Adelphus*

Phi says, "I'll sass you, I'll sass you so hard!"

And the Queen says, "Why? Is there a reason I should be using it on you?"

LadyRyann 2011-09-20

When I first started reading I thought the Queen is much too hard on Phi but after I read it I find myself thinking I wouldn't like the queen any other way. She's softening up but the change is gradual. If she suddenly did a 180 and was all in love with Phi I really wouldn't like her then. Great job finding the perfect balance between Ice Queen we all want to hate and still a human that you love. I can't wait to see how they characters further develop.

Yeay!

Phi says, "'Queen we want to hate?' Why would anyone want to hate my sweet Sidjy-wijjums??"

The Queen says, "And off she goes again."

Edited by Adelphus

Chapter Twenty Seven - "In Which Phi gets Drunk and Very Upset."

haunted 2011-09-21

Holy Crap!! I hope those eight bitches get thrown into a meat grinder! How infuriating. Nice to see some courage on Phi's part though, even if it was alcohol induced. Oooohh!! Here's an idea, Sidja should get Phi drunk, put a knife in her hand and leave her alone with Averring. Hehe, diced pain-in-the-ass. Keep up the good work, please.

Hey! Welcome aboard!

I don't think a drunk Phi is any match for Averring. :-(

Dark Delta 2011-09-21

I like this chapter but what I felt that i could still be elaborated some more, like Phi's emotions could be explored a bit more, at her reaction to not being like them, how they spoke of the queen. Just what I felt please take no offense, and I love chapter don't get me wrong. Just constructive criticism and my opinion. Take care ^_^

T'was this comment that made me post the other half. <3

Saige 2011-09-21

Lady Phi has much more of a backbone than any of them ever anticipated. I can't believe it, but I was getting pissed at all of them for talking like that about Sidja. Personally, I kind of hoped that Sidja could hear what her little dearheart said to defend her. I can see why it's your favorite chapter (it's mine too).

I think Constantine should not be near liquor... ever... I'm going to wait most impatiently for the continuation as the only thing I didn't like was the immense shortness you gave us in this chapter. -goes on knees and begs- 'May I please be granted with more of your works?'

On another note, I would like to purchase this book if you have it published (The name 'Royally Fucked' does seem adequate) if only to have the pages to turn in my hand (I have a thing about the retro effect of reading) I am looking forward to your next installment.

Ever an avid reader

Saige

I most surely would like to have it in print, just so I can have my picture taken with it. Every time I go in a bookstore (or the trashy novel section of the grocery store) I shake my fist and say "Someday!". Now that ebooks are the thang, I don't know if I'll ever see either of my books in print.

Other book.

Skyro 2011-09-21

I saw the title of this chapter and just groaned. Phi getting drunk is trouble enough, but getting angry is like pouring rocket fuel onto a fire. This chapter indeed did melt down that way, but that is what made it so good. I find it curious to think that Sidja is evil in such a way, and believe that the girls are lying. Maybe I'm just naive, but whatever. Phi is such a cutie, being so loyal to her Sidja.

Good chapter, looking forward to the next. Thankfully Sidja has no reason to attack me yet and Phi's sassing doesn't work when she's drunk.

I wonder why yee all are so reluctant to consider the ladies' words as possibly true? The Queen did almost kill Phi on their second 'date'.

Phi says, " :Lies: No! Lies! All of it lies!"

The Queen says, :whistle:

Chapter Twenty Eight - "In Which Phi is Still Drunk and Very Upset."

And so it came to pass that the two chapters remained separated. And there was much rejoicing.

haunted 2011-09-21

Please don't merge the chapters!! Chapter 28 was sweet and gentle and beautiful, those evil trolls in chapter 27 would ruin it. I noticed a couple of times this chapter Sidja used a capital letter when referring to Phi as 'You'. A sign of the true depth of her affection perhaps?

Oops! Sorry about that, t'was a typo. Only the Queen gets the sexy pronouns.;-) Thanks for catching it, though.

Saige 2011-09-21

I'll admit, when I saw that you updated again, I basically told who I was on the phone with to buzz off so I could read and squeal to my hearts content. :D you made me so happy!!! They should find a way to harness happiness and lust, and use it to power cities, it'll be so much better for the environment.

To have had both chapters merged into one would have seemed a bit more logical, but at the same time, the two chapters bring a slightly different perspective read separately. so both ways are good for me (besides, it allowed me to be pleasurably surprised.)

On another, more dangerous, note I must add that it is sweet that the White Queen herself has taken such a care for the girl that she'd like to crush sometimes. I'll admit to wanting to stick my claws into some types of people on occasion, but for reasons I keep that under check. (She will be forced to realize exactly what that level or care is going to lead to soon I hope... ;)

Avid fan

Saige

Oh to love the Sidjy is a dangerous thing.

:-)

LadyRyann 2011-09-21

It's always a pleasurable surprise to read a chapter, refresh a few hours later and find another one. I like it better as 2 chapters. I love a good cliff-hanger, keeps the reader reading.

Y'all are to blame for that, so give yourselves a hand.:-)

Skyro 2011-09-22

Certainly keep it two seperate chapters. This one was good, fun to read, really sweet. That's about all I can really say though. Phi needs to lay off the bottle, for the rest of her life. While I admire the fact that she turns into an honest drunk, she's going to get herself in serious, possibly life ending trouble if she keeps on hitting the bottle. Though I'm probably wasting keystrokes saying that, as Phi will know when she wakes with hangover. I hope you do that, as it would be kinda funny and worth it and also teach Phi a very swift lesson.

Nice job on the quick update. Looking forward to the next chapter!

I don't think it's possible for the Queen to pass up such an opportunity.;-)

Dark Delta 2011-09-22

I personally think its fine these chapters being separated. I could vividly see a drunk Phi and her antics and not falling asleep. It was cute an adorable and I wanna see what happens the next time she offers herself and what the queen will do. By the way glad to see the accuracy in describing how drunk she was. Sound very similar when I'm drunk, I can't sleep and keep waking the other individuals.

Really? I've never been drunk! I just wrote what she did. Weird....

Chapter Twenty Nine - "In Which Night Falls."

*wanders into forum; dies.*

'Circle of Roses' was/is hard to write, hard to rewrite, hard to rererererererewrite.:-p

Anyway;

Skyro 2011-09-22

Yay! You took both of my suggestions... or already had them planned and I just happened to have mentioned them.

I know, weird, right? When you suggested that Sidj put the pin on a piece of silk, I thought, "Well yeah, I said that in the chapter." It wasn't until I posted this one that I realized I hadn't said it yet!:-)

This chapter was beyond nice. Very good length, good content. Phi seems to be really wising up to her Queen and how awful it would be to stay with her. But still Phi for now is bound to Sidja. Phi's hangover was funny, but I am sympathetic to her pains and waking up after such a dead sleep. Sidja is honestly too mean, under a normal light. Under the light of this story, she is quite justified in being mean to the hungover Phi. This was such a good chapter, but the next sounds like it is going to be INCREDIBLE. So I'm really looking forward to it.

By the way. You asked why we reviewers can't believe that Sidja might just be truly evil and had done all those things that the girls said. I can only speak for myself. I love Sidja. I want to give my belief that she hasn't done any evil acts without being justified for doing them. But... I still have my suspicions. Sidja is such an unknown. If only I could get her all locked up in that little torture room and try to get information from her. Might work.

The Queen Phi says, " :o:pissed: :bat::spank::wwe::samurai::behead::D ", in that order.

iamcarter 2011-09-26

I've not long joined this site but this is one of the best stories I've read so far. I read it all in a matter of hours (while at work, which must say something about how much I like it)

I love the fragile little maid/powerful and dominant queen dynamic you've created. It feeds my love for hurt-comfort stories, everything really well balanced to make a believable work of fiction.

I can't wait for the next chapter, and every chapter after that.

Thanks, love. Your post was the extra little push that got me going today. :-)

Edited by Adelphus

Thanks, love.

The woman who has blocked me on all fronts is almost exactly like the Queen. In fact, she didn't believe me when I told her I had written 'QB' a year before I met her. The similarities are uncanny.

But.... she isn't the Queen.

The Queen wouldn't hide behind a block....

No, She'd probably have me killed. I guess that's not much better.

It's almost as if she stepped from the pages, smiled at me, and chose someone else. That was three years ago and I still haven't been able to let go. I've managed to keep touch with her as a friend, but my true feelings always leaked out and she'd push me away.

But she always came back eventually....until now.

I know i should move on, but how? Who can you be angry at?

It wasn't her fault or mine that I fell for her, and she's been trying to get rid of me in the nicest way possible for years (as you know by now, being nice is very draining for the Queen when She doesn't want to be).

The Queen gets really pissed when I cast Her onto someone else. She knows why I do it; because I want someone I can touch, but it still isn't Her. It will never be Her, because She's Her, and She exists away from me.

She always will....

Okay, so you guys know I've been going through stuff, but I'm better now, so I'm going to answer ALL THE REVIEWS!

Skyro 2011-09-27

How awful... the Circle of Roses is truly a sickening group. Now yes, granted, they are all into slavery and lots of sexual shit, plus a fair bit of BDSM as obviously set under the lines of slavery... anyways the chapter itself was good, but sadly very short. It is a bummer that you have to post this whole chapter of the Circle of Roses into parts, but at least you left it off at a very good point. I look forward to the next chapter and hope to see more.

Fun fact: The Circle of Roses is based off various BDSM play parties I've been to over the years. I got the idea to try and write up the original short story for my Domme while at a BDSM convention called 'Black Rose' (such an awesome weekend!). The Circle was named in its honour.

Saige 2011-09-27

My heart stopped. Just thinking of anyone other than Sidja giving Phi even one lash (accidental or not) made me infuriated. I really really really want to read the rest of this my dear. Soon, very soon... -leaves off in an ominous tone-

Yeah, about that....

navs 2011-09-28

Hello, just wanted to say that your writing is amazing. Not only does it flow beautifully, but the plotline you've created, as well as your characters and minimal but thorough descriptions keep me hooked and wanting more with every chapter. If I could draw, id do fanart. I can write, but im afraid that whatever I could come up with simply would not be able to match the original by even a tenth.

Awwww.... But I want it.... Does Rule 34 apply to things that are already xxx-rated in nature?

When you first mentioned the Circle of the Roses I thought of people standing around an alter, offering Phi up to some sort of god... Of course now I see how wrong I was, but something tells me not to put it past them...

Yeah, about that....

Speaking of Phi, it always amuses me to see glimpses of her innocence- seeing a naked man and cross-dressers, constantly being mistaken for jailbait... I don't know, there's something about it all that makes me laugh.

And speaking of Phi's innocence, considering how Sidja has been seen to treat Phi, both behind the scenes and in 'public' , Id say that she has it at least a little easier than some of these other roses. I think that the rape occurring is not for the best (despite the copious amount of sexytimes it provides) but at least Phi is treated with an air of respect- although she submits, she submits mostly willingly, and isn't degraded into being a footstool (though she could be used as an armrest by the Queen- as a smaller woman myself, this often happens to me). But... Only time will tell.

Anyways, I eagerly look forward to the next chapter. You've made a Queensbride addict out of me, and I am already going through withdrawal.

I'm sorry, love. Rough times came in, and this chapter was hell on wheels to edit. Minimal but thorough descriptions are insanely hard and have come into being through massive editing. I should post an original page sometime so you guys can see how much editing takes place. It always makes me happy when someone comments on how tight the writing is.:-)

Saige 2011-09-28

What? What? What? No! What?..... GAH!!!! what the hell?! how could you leave it like that?! Are you INSANE?!!! i hope you're updating tonight!! Like, now... soon... don't make me wait a whole day for this Adelphus. You will regret it. If you think Sidja is bad you really don't want to play with me like that!

(Take this as a complement... But seriously. don't make me wait a whole day)

I know... I think I left you guys hanging for a few days. As said above, this chapter what a pain in the ass.

Skyro 2011-09-28

.... THE FUCK?!?!? Okay... before addressing the chapters end, the chapter itself was rather delicious and sweet. The dancers were incredible and all in all it was a sight to remember. Then the altar made sense for such a place, showing off the "rose" to all the guests. But Sidja's reaction should have been more extreme... the jackass should have gotten his arm broken.

Now, the ending.... well, I'm hoping. Sidja just pluged it Down. Not into anything. I hope she stops just inches before maring the flesh. If she doesn't, then I swear, I am going to find her and drive an arrow RIGHT THROUGH HER HEART! If she even has one...

This was an awful but brillant cliffhanger. I really want the third chapter now. Please! Don't leave us hanging!!!

The

and the
(and partly the altar itself) are from a real experience I had at the Endless Night Vampire Ball back in 2006. It usually took place in New Orleans, but Katrina had just run through so it was held in NYC. Unbelievably, there is little to no photographic/video history that I can find, which is really weird, so I linked videos that looked the closest to what I saw. I was still newish to the underground scene and my reaction to it was much the same as Phi's.

Oh wait. Just found out I missed this year's ball??? October 8th? Who has a Halloween party that early??? Dammit!!!!! Well... this year's costume wasn't done yet, and as you can see, the dress code is go big or go home. Here's me in 2006. That's my Domme next to me with the horns, not quite in her costume yet. She has since passed on....

Rayna Darkstorm neo_ruka@live.com 2011-09-29

It's been a while since I reviewed, but I lost track of this story for a while. I still find I sympathise very strongly with both the Queen and little Phi, even if I'm closer to the Queen's type, myself. I wanted to let you know that I absolutely adore this story. It's an interesting diversion for me, as I have been without for a while.

Keep up the wonderful work!

Thanks, mate! Phi is always glad to hear from people who love the Queen.

navs 2011-09-29

I actually gasped out loud at the end of this part of the chapter. What a cliffhanger...

The chapter as a whole had me entranced. I felt like I was actually there... and I was right about the altar. I just felt this sense of foreboding build throughout the whole chapter, especially near to the end. I'm practically quivering with anticipation for what's to come next.

A nod to the Stone Table scene in the Narnia movie.;-)

Skyro 2011-10-04

It was as I thought. *lowers the crossbow* Sidja is still awful mean though. Yes, Phi is her property. But that doesn't excuse the undue stress that Phi suffered from. Like us, she thought she was going to be killed. Now while she wasn't, being turned into a piece of art with a knife wasn't all that pleasant either. Plus the dull knife being inserted into her most private and special of places. Yes, Sidja wanted that reaction like she was being stabbed with a real knife, but a tiny bit of a warning would have been nice. The only act of kindness that Isadj did here was finally letting Phi rest and keeping watch over here.

Now I know that I'm trying to balance two sides. All in all, everything Sidja did was quite alright given the situation. I just have choice words about the situation. lol. I'm glad you finally got this chapter up and I read the review forum that you have up. I'm sad to hear you had to suffer like that and am very glad to hear that you are supported by the reviewers waiting for you. It's quite alright to take a rest though, relax your brain and such. Just promise you'll be back, okay? Ha. Good luck Adelphus.

Thanks, mate. It's getting better....

As for naughty Sidja, but it makes Her so happy! :balloon:Most, if not all the sadists I've danced with are very thorough in their aftercare. I had one bad experienece, but I think that guy was playing to the crowd.

I actually do well with sexual sadists, because they get so damn giddy during a scene and it makes me happy to make people happy. It's a weird dynamic and it only works for me if I'm really turned on by, know, and care about said person.

Skyro 2011-10-05

WOW!!!! Phi is incredible. I never thought she could give such a speech and be capable of saying such powerful things. Now I respect her a lot more and I applaude Sidja on finding her. Phi was so brave and continues to be so brave for her Sidja. Now if only the Queen would completely accept that. Though I have this gut feeling that as much as she wants to, she really can't. She would love to, but She just can't, possibly not yet or not at all.

A huge applaudes to both Phi, once again, and to you Adelphus for cranking out another chapter so quickly. Looking for to the rest of this story, as it seems to be coming along epicly.

Thanks, love. Phi loves her Sidjy-wijjums so much.

navs 2011-10-06

The latest chapter has definitely become my favourite one so far. The eloquence and passion of Phi's speech really did show another side of her, one that, until recently, we have seen only glimpses of. I've gained more respect for Phi, and feel more for the Queen.

Speaking of feeling, now that She has admitted to herself that She has feelings for Phi, I wonder if anything will change? I can only wait patiently for the next chapter to find out...

And as for you, I hope that you'll feel better soon. Whoever or whatever broke your heart should be ashamed.

Waiting eagerly for more!

Thanks, love. It was for the best and she knew that. The band-aid had to come off, and the slow/steady path was too much, so she ripped it quick, it hurt, but now I'm finally healing.

As for Phi, she feels very uncomfortable out of her shell, partly because she's afraid to appear threatening, and partly because she doesn't trust herself when she's in full sail.

Sabbat 2011-10-11

It's been so long since I've been this addicted to a story.

Can't wait to have moar.

Huzzah!

Skyro 2011-10-14

Quite a chapter... ugly, sickening and horrible chapter that is. Reggie is pushing things too far and being well... very spoiled brat like, as I would expect from him. I hope this is not a sign of bad things to come. I hope Sidja kicks Averring out of the castle if he hasn't left already. He just has no business whatsoever trying to screw around with Sidja and Phi. Royality or not.

That's about all I can say for this chapter. I know you'll get to responding to the reviews when you're able, though I hope it to be soon, cause I like hearing the slight feedback from the author. So good luck, and looking forward to something less awful than this chapter. *wasn't done bad, just contained a huge blemish, named Reggie Averring.*

I'm back, because you asked.:-)

navs 2011-10-14

I swear to god let me at Averring. The arrogance! Phi and the Queen don't have to lifts finger, I'll go after that smug jerk for them. and even worse now we know he's planning something. grah.

:whistle:

SexyLizard 2011-10-14

Excellent story, I felt compelled to read all the chapters in one sitting.

The queen is definitely a sadist, but you have managed to make her somewhat sympathetic too.

Of course in real life, someone like the queen would probably kill their playmate in a fit of rage or simply by accident.

Well She is the queen. Killing people isn't that taboo for Her.;-p

I also find myself wishing sometimes that Phi would stand up for herself.

I dunno. I think Phi does pretty well considering the circumstances.

Also, hey, mate, thanks and welcome!

I managed to scare myself with my own story, so to make myself happy I'm going to discuss where Averring came from.

First 'Averring' came from the spellcheck. I don't remember what his name was originally, but spellcheck suggested 'averring'. It wasn't until later that I found out what it meant;

a·ver (schwa.gif-vûrprime.gif)

tr.v. a·verred, a·ver·ring, a·vers

1. To affirm positively; declare.

2. Law

a. To assert formally as a fact.

b. To justify or prove.

Not sure, but that seems to fit him somehow.

As for Reginald; behold!

1182745-1_super.jpg

Archie comics figured in heavily in my early life. It also formed my easy acceptance of the poly lifestyle.

ArchieComicsLogo_sm.jpg

Also, quite a bit of Gaston; for brutality

GastonVillain.jpg

A bit of Farquaad, for humour

Shrek%20the%20Third%20-%20Lord%20Farquaad%20-%2002.jpg

And just a bit of David Xanatos, for smarts and deviousness (and his beard).

Xanatos_schemes-sized.jpg

I admit, I used to have a crush on Xanatos...;-p Made lots of Rule 34 of that guy. And I'm gay!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.