Click Here!

Beta-Reader Looking for Work!

Stradialia

Beta Bio:

Hello to anyone who may be looking for a beta-reader! My name is Kelza, and I hope that I might be of some service to you! I'm currently in my second year at university pursuing a double major in Linguistics and Classics. I do not have any professional editing experience, though I do web-edit stories and edit class papers for people on the side. As a beta-reader, I will correct any and all grammatical mistakes that I may find, and I might reword things if they either don't quite make sense or don't fit with the flow of the story. However, I firmly believe that every writer has his or her own style; my purpose as a beta-reader is not to rewrite your story, it is simply to provide you with an automatic editor and reader. I suppose you could say that that is my beta-reading style. As for expectations... all I can say is, please be serious about what you are writing, though I doubt you would be searching for a beta-reader if you weren't. If you are truly proud of your story and want someone to help you get it in tip-top shape and tie up some loose ends before putting it out there into the world, then by all means, I'll help. However, if you're looking for someone who will end up rewriting your story for you, which you can then claim to be your own... sorry, I'm not the one you're looking for. Thanks!

Strengths:

My strengths lie in finding grammatical and spelling mistakes. However, I also excel at simplifying ideas which have become too complex or convoluted, and adding more detail to ideas which are too simple. When I read the work of other writers, any small grammatical and spelling mistakes tend to be glaringly obvious and I find myself itching to correct them. I'm not saying that I'm a perfect writer, I'm just a bit obsessive-compulsive when it comes to grammar. As for my own writing, I'm very good at going into a lot of intricate detail when it comes to the small things. I can focus in on one point in time and write in extraordinary detail about it, which can be both a blessing and curse.

Weaknesses:

My number one weakness as a beta-reader is also linked directly to my primary strengths. Because I tend to be rather obsessive-compulsive when it comes to editing and writing, I might take a bit longer to edit a work (a couple days, for example). However, when I set my mind on something I also get tunnel vision, so I could very well have something edited and patched up in no time at all. My weaknesses as a writer are, again, linked to my strengths. I can go into plenty of detail in my writing, though it results in my writing becoming rather verbose. Also, I tend to get writer's block easily, though that doesn't affect my beta-reading skills. I would say that more of my weaknesses fall under my own writing rather than my beta-reading.

Preferred Genres:

Hmmm... I'll read almost anything, though I do have a soft spot for romance. Of course, it would benefit both the beta-reader and the writer if the characters and book/anime/movie/etc. are familiar to both. I'm familiar with many books and movies, and a good amount of anime and manga, though it is best to confirm with me beforehand that I am familiar with the particular work for which you are writing a fanfiction. Again, I'll beta-read almost anything, though if you're into Yaoi or Yuri romance, I'm most likely the beta-reader you're looking for!

Not Preferred:

I'm not a huge fan of Crossovers (though I'm not generalizing all Crossovers here) and, as a result, don't read them very often. As for everything else... I'll beta-read everything from a sappy piece of fluff or humor to an arduous adventure to a dark and twisted tragedy or drama to a delicious sex scene. So, there aren't many things that are "Not My Cup of Tea."

Preferred Anime:

I would say that I'm most familiar with Naruto as I have read all of the manga, watched all of the anime, have written for various pairings, and have beta-read Naruto fanfiction. I'll beta-read for any Naruto pairing, though I'd have to say my absolute favorite is Kakashi/Iruka. I am also familiar with Death Note, Clannad, Ayashi no Ceres, Hot Gimmick, Final Fantasy VII (both the game and the movie), Fruits Basket, Fushigi Yugi and Fushigi Yugi: Genbu Kaiden, Gravitation, Junjou Romantica, Ouran High School Host Club, Ranma 1/2, and Strawberry Panic!

Preferred Books:

As far as books go, I'm familiar with many authors (too many to list most likely), but when it comes to fanfiction, I'd prefer to beta-read for Harry Potter. Again, I'll beta-read for any Harry Potter pairing, though my favorite is Harry/Draco.

If there is anything else you'd like to know, feel free to respond to this topic, post on my profile, or e-mail me! Thank you very much and I hope you will consider me as your beta-reader!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I am looking for someone to beta my urban fantasy novella story, its 56k words long, complete, and in need of a fresh pair of eyes. The story is het with plenty of slash side-tones, there's a lime-level sex-scene but mostly its action and mystery. If you're interested, give me a PM or an email (or a reply!) my email is: sweetdeily@gmail.com

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.