Click Here!

In the End

Jukstapositioned

Argh! So Shuusei knows! So now I think, I can be more confident of my assuption... It is him.... *sighs*... Kirin is going to be heartbroken. And just before the reveal of the mole, Shuusei has some plans of his own up his sleeve doesn't he. something other than that operation... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm~~~ Well, time will tell.

Btw, I got the 1989 hit count! Yay, lucky sign? xD"

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter eighteen has been posted. Sorry for the long delay, I had been busy for the last couple of weeks or so. The events of this chapter will certainly open up room for new characters to be added and other previously, briefly mentioned characters to come back into play and into the forefront as well. I am working on the next chapter, and hopefully, it will be up by next week.

This chapter cites Pulmonary Embolism as a source of illness for Shuusei, and I must admit that the symptoms and consequences have been sensationalized for the sake of plot. The symptons that Shuusei were experiencing are seen in PE patients, but they were heightened in Shuusei's case. Usually, in chronic cases of PE, the chances of sudden death are lower as compared to acute PE due to the medicine and precautions that will be taken. It is with acute PE that there is a higher chance of sudden death. The surgery to treat PE takes anywhere between 5 to 6 hours, and because I have never had personal or even second hand contact with PE, I am uncertain as to exactly how the surgery will take place. Therefore, any mentions of the surgery will be brief and vague; I hope you can understand. This was not meant to be a medical fiction after all. With that said, although I have dramatized PE, it is not an illness to be glossed over. I am sure for those who are diagnosed with PE and their families and friends, it is a trying ordeal.

@Nekoii-desu:

The surgery will be talked about later, I do believe. I have a basic structure set up, but there are no details just yet, so I can't say anything either. In the next few chapters, we should see Kirin finally taking some sort of a stand against whomever the traitor might be. They say short term pain is better than long term pain and I am a strong believer of that; hopefully, Kirin will be one as well. (laugh) Thank you for your review.

@Miko:

I am delighted that I can make you emotional? (laugh) Even though that sounds awkward, I hope you understand what I was trying to say. Thank you for the review.

Chapter nineteen has been uploaded. I anticipate the traitor will be discovered and gotten rid of in three chapters.

@Nekoii-desu:

Kirin is still young and has been living under the care of his elders for too long now. I think this will be a good opportunity for him to grow and take control as well. In his current state, he would not be able to out smart Shuusei in anything, especially not yakuza related. Of course, that is not to say he will not in the future, but everyone needs to take steps forward, no? Thank you for your review!

Kirin is still young.

And this is a great opportunity.

Shit will brew up and hit the ceiling.

But as messes are cleaned and new allies are made.

Perhaps, the sun will rise again in the time of this young Yakuza boss.

eh~ ;3 Hahahaha~ I'm so talking crap am I?

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter twenty has been posted. Sorry it took a while, I had a hard time writing this chapter and the one that follows. Hopefully, I won't have too much trouble writing the chapter after that.

@Nekoii-desu:

Story leak, can I call it that? Akira will stick around for a while, I don't plan on killing him off. At least, not as of right now anyways. (laugh) Shuusei probably won't show up again 'till he decides to come back sometime in the future. So we will be Shuusei-less for a long while, both in chapters and in the time line in the story. He is somewhere getting treatment, that is a given though. Thank you for your review!

Chapter twenty one has been posted. This time, it did not take as long as I thought it would. Hopefully, future chapters will continue without much hassle as well.

@Miko:

I won't punch you, because you know what, that just might happen. I do have a direction for which Kirin and Akira will head towards, but it's only a blue print right now, and the details still need to be filled in. I guess time will tell for both of us. I am sorry the last chapter took so long, I will try my best not to have it happen often! Thank you for your review!

@Nekoii-desu:

Akira will show up more as some people clear space. (laugh) And yes, I concur with you, writing Kirin alone is somewhat dull without Shuusei. (laugh) I think I much prefer the latter to the former, but they are the best when written together! Thank you for your review!

Edited by Jukstapositioned

Chapter twenty two has been posted. Finally, there is closure and finale. It is the closing of one arc and the beginning of another.

@Nekoii-desu:

Because this story is set in Tokyo, there are only those three docks because its west side is land and there is no water. Therefore, it worked out well for this setting. What seemed like reckless decision making was actually pre-meditated, to an extent. And we'll finally see the product of what Shuusei told him all those chapters ago. Now that Daiga is no longer around, Akira will be more automonous and will certainly increase in his time spent with Kirin as well. The next phase would be for them to deal with Shigeki-ikka. The little plan was actually very simple and used often, so it's nothing genius. (laugh) They do say that the best route is the most simple one? Thank you for your review!

Chapter twenty three has been posted. Even though Subaru only made brief appearances in the earlier chapters, he will certainly be showing himself much more in the future chapters.

@Miko:

I'm glad you thought it was a fitful to wrap up the traitor situation. Thank you for your review!

@Gslinger:

I would make a horrible kumicho as well, so it's a good thing that neither of us are. Kirin still has weaknesses, and slowly, he will learn to overcome them. Or at least, I hope for that to unfold in the future. Thank you for your review!

@Nekoii-desu:

(laugh) I'm planning on keeping Akira around for a while, so there wouldn't be any threats of him dying. Now the traitor is dead, there is certainly going to be gaping holes everywhere to fill. We'll see how Kirin will have to grow and mature to fill in those holes, I suppose. And I'm sure all good things will come if he is patient. (laugh) Thank you for your review.

Chapter twenty four has been uploaded. This story is turning out to be considerably longer than I thought. If I must make a vague guess, I would say 60 chapters? That sounds like such a horrifying number!

@Naraka00

Kirin certainly is unconventional, but I thought it could be more interesting if not everyone followed the stereotypical image fitful for a job. However, there are more chapters to go, and there is room for Kirin to grow still. I will not leave Shuusei's whereabouts a mystery, there will be answers in the future. Thank you for your review, I am glad that you liked the story!

@Gslinger

The butterfly is taking much needed time to himself? He is trying his best as well. I am sorry to hear that you were in such conditions before and am glad to hear that you have recovered. Thank you for the review.

@Nekoii-desu:

That scene happened before Shuusei left with Kirin, it was at the party that owner threw for Shuusei. It was a brief scene. I did not realize that it had become angsty, I'm just worried about yakuza politics and fights as this is my first time writing them as well. However, needless to say, given the setting, it would be a little darker than Heaven Far Away. Each character has their own use, I'm sure you are well aware of that now, and Riki will not stay elusive either. He will certainly make his entrance in future chapters as well. Thank you for your review!

Chapter twenty five has been posted. Even though many things may seem pointless and almost out of place, please bear with me, I promise that every scene has its purpose; even if it's way into the future. I cannot claim to be a person of extreme details, but I have to say each conversation and almost to the degree of each word was chosen with precision to impact the story in a whole. I like foreshadows and subtlity; or more precisely, they are probably memory games to exercise one's brain.

@Gslinger:

Request received, I certainly will ruffle Mikage's fur a little in the future chapters. However, come to think of it, isn't it rather sad that the main character's serious relationship is with a cat that doesn't even like him? (laugh) I'm almost beginning to wonder where I'm going with this story. Thank you for your review!

Chapter twenty six has been uploaded. I should have been writing this week, but one book was enough to reawaken my old dreams. There are obssessions that have an expiration date, but then there are life long loves to oppose those. It successfully brought back one of mine and I was reminded once again why I still love them so much.

@Miko

I think that is the million dollar question. (laugh) He will return at a most opportune moment to make things more special. However, for now, I can only ask your patience in that matter. Thank you for your review.

@Gslinger

Your description of a cat sounds like Shuusei somehow. (laugh) Akira indeed is someone different from everyone else. However, the world is a big bucket of taints, when he gets tainted will be another story. Perhaps he won't get tainted at all, but when you are in the heart of a yakuza clan, somehow, it seems improbable. We'll see what happens as things progress. Thank you for the review!

@Nekoii-desu

It seems everyone's more interested in Shuusei than with Kirin's problems. (laugh) He will retur, it's only a matter of time. The star lights are actually inspired by what I've seen before. I do not do justice to their beauty with my words alone, for it was absolutely beautiful when I saw it in person. Good luck with your school, thank you for the review!

Chapter twenty seven has been posted. Due to work, I will be going to a different country at the end of August. There, I'm not sure if I will have Internet access. Therefore, I am determined to try and finish this story before I have to leave. Just in case. Expect more frequent updates. Perhaps.

@Nobunaga:

Akira is the contradiction in this story, in my opinion. And Shuusei will come back, but when is another question. Thank you for your review!

@Miko:

If you are referring to the black swan necklace, Akira did not take it. He only wanted to take a look at it. I apologize if it was ambiguous. I will not misplace your trust in me! Thank you for your review!

Chapter twenty eight has been posted.

@Gslinger:

The cat is (in Kirin's words) as bitchy as ever; it's a hard fight each time they are together. (laugh) I reckon that between Shuusei and Akira, the latter would be more prone to jealousy than the former. Outwardly at least. Thank you for your review!

Chapter twenty nine has been posted. I got a new computer, so everything is new to me. Hopefully, I have not messed anything up by mistake. Please let me know if I have!

@Miko:

Shuusei will be back within the next few chapters. I can't give you an exact number yet, but the date is getting closer. Shinya is the assassin who Shuusei ran into earlier on in the story. I would believe that their meeting should be within the first 7-ish chapters. Thank you for your review!

Chapter thirty one has been posted. Shuusei's return shouldn't be too far away now. It seems like the big climax of the story when the end isn't near yet. (laugh)

@Miko:

Shuusei shouldn't take much longer to return. The dates are growing closer, and the next couple of chapters should move ahead faster in terms of time period as well. I hope it won't disappoint when he does return then. Thank you for your review!

@Gslinger:

You don't say. I certainly would not react well to severed heads on my front door either. However, being yakuza would mean getting used to that? Now, at least, Akira is aware of competition? I'm not sure what that does for anyone. Thank you for your review!

@Nekoii-desu:

It's part of the growing that I was talking about in regards to Kirin? (laugh) I am glad that my intent of him changing had been conveyed successfully. It was nice when there were people to shelter him and take on the burden for him, but after Yoozan's death, he was certainly solely in charge. For those who holds the ultimate power in their hands, I believe it does change them, whether it's for good or for bad. Shinya's presence is a foreshadow for later, he will be much needed in the future of the story. As for yakuza activity right now, I cannot say I know everything, but they have turned more underground in terms of killing, or so it would appear. Yet, they are everywhere, even in some influential, international organizations. Especially in unions, for some peculiar reason. For the sake of drama, I've decided to heighten the prospect of blood shed and enmity. Thank you for your reviews and I wish you all the best with your paper.

Chapter thirty four has been posted. It would seem the universal reaction to the previous chapter was "thank God he's back!" *laugh* I am truly flattered that the character is well liked!

@Miko:

Yes, he is back indeed! *laugh* Thank you for your review!

@Gslinger:

Yes, it's been a long time indeed. At least he's back now. *laugh* I do want to update one chapter per day, but as of right now, I'm still writing and writing. Perhaps next week, I will be able to update one chapter per day! Thank you for your review!

Chapter thirty six has been posted. It would appear that I really will be updating on a daily basis.

The story will have forty nine chapters, and I'm currently working on the last chapter.

Please stay with me a little longer and we will see to the end of this together.

@Miko:

I imagine that is not a good thing? (laugh) Thank you for your review.

@Gslinger:

Anything is up for exchange, no? (laugh) Besides, it's been a year's pending for this to happen, I think we should praise Shinya for his patience. Thank you for your review.

Chapter thirty eight has been posted. It was the first time that Shuusei and Akira have faced each other like that, and it wouldn't be until much later would they have such a conversation again.

@Gslinger:

Eriko is not a tragic character, in my opinion. Even though she might be stuck in an unfortunate situation, but she is her own woman and she is yakuza, so that only makes her half a woman. (laugh) I've always believed that the truth is always better than a pretty lie as well. Thank you for your review.

Chapter forty-one has been posted. I decided that was the right amount of Shuusei's past shared for the sake of this story. I imagine I could write another one with his beginnings and all those other relationships. Ayumi and Subaru would have been tremendously fun to write as well; her personality is one I enjoy very much. However, those are only fleeting thoughts between dreams. This marks the end of this arc, if you will; the next one will be shorter but ties up every loose end. The characters will discover some things about themselves that they've not wanted to admit so far.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.