Click Here!

OC for original slash fic

This is a new character for my original slash story 'Unconditional love'. In chapter 20 a new guy showed up. I always make a profile page for every character in every story. I generally don't feel the need to make it public, but since I'm a little stuck now, I'm hoping other people's comments will get me back on track again.

I don't think this character will be very important in the story. My main character just has an encounter with him. I plan on using him in one or two chapters, unless my muse suddenly prods me to go in a different direction.

Name of character: Callum (Last name unknown)

Race of character: Human Caucasian

Age of character: 31

Height of character: about 1m89, or 6'2"

Weight of character: +/-95kg

Brief background of character: Callum is the youngest of three. His parents fought for as long as he knew and divorced when he was 14. He got in trouble at school a lot for vandalism and violent behaviour. He chased skirts in his teenage years but never cared much for relationships, seeing it turned out pretty bad for his parents and siblings. The awareness of his sexual orientation came kind of slowly, and he spent about two years in the doubt zone before he came out at age 22. Most of his relatives and friends were not supportive, and he decided to move to another city.

At age 28 Callum met the only person he ever really fell in love with. Steven was a 21 year old rich boy fallen from his family's favour being an irresponsible drug and alcohol addicted party animal. The relationship ended after almost two years when Steven left. Callum has no idea where he is right now, and he tells himself he doesn't care.

Character's position or job: He used to have an underpaid job as a mover/repairman, but got laid off three years ago for skipping work too often. Officially he works for himself now, but actually he found a better way to makes money, selling XTC pills in and near the clubs. He has a dependable supplier he met through Steven.

Strengths/Skills: Callum has a decent sense of humour as long as he has no reason to take it personally. He doesn't give up easily when there's something he wants. There's usually not much that he particularly wants however, so he just goes where life takes him.

Weaknesses/Bad habits: When something or someone makes him angry he 'll easily resort to violence and pick a fight, which got him a reputation as a trouble maker. (not that his reputation was any good being a drug dealer) He's banned from membership in most private clubs.

Distinctive features: He has short hair and neatly trimmed sideburns reaching to his jaw bone. Wide apart eyes and cheekbones. He's broad shouldered and physically strong.

Piercings: Two rings in his right ear, a stone in his left. One piercing in his tongue.

Tattoos: On his right arm he has a Maori tribal tattoo, shoulder to elbow. On the inside of his right wrist he has the Celtic symbol of a trefot. On the inside of his left lower arm there is a sword, elbow to wrist, with a ribbon woven around it saying: 'Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.' On the left side of his chest he has a Celtic raven on a pattern of Celtic knots. On his back (and neck) he has a very large tattoo of an arch angel with a sword, coming down flying through the clouds. It's wingspan is as broad as his shoulder blades, the sun above is drawn in his neck. Behind his left ear he has Steven's initials: "S.L." hidden under his hair.

How does your character get on with those around him?: Callum is a lone wolf, but he has a few friends and many loyal customers. He has several 'enemies' as well and he often gets kicked out of clubs and bars, if he even got in in the first place. In sexual relations he's usually a top, and very dominant. He regularly takes a guy home to play.

What do the other characters think of your character?: (I'll try to do this without spoilers)

Tim (main character) seems to feel strongly drawn to him. Callum is so different from everyone he knows in his small protected world it makes him both curious and anxious.

Brandon (antagonist) dislikes him.

So, thoughts anyone? Did I give sufficient descriptions? Does he seem realistic? I don't think he's a marty stu, but an anti stu perhaps...? Is there anything I could add that may be useful? Any thoughts or comments are welcome.

Edited by yblue

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...