Click Here!

OFC for a Year 7 Harry Potter Fanfic

Fandom: Harry Potter

Name of character: Bethany Crane

Race of character: Human

Age of character: 16

Height of character: 5'3"

Weight of character: 135 pounds

Brief background of character: Is the youngest child of a Muggle-Born couple, who adopted her when she was two years old. She has no memories of her birth family. She has had a happy childhood, however she knows that she is missing something. She is finely told of her birth parents. She is proud that they were pure-blood, however they were also Death Eaters in Voldemort's service and were killed when they refused to turn themselves in. This fact has her emotionally torn. Family was moderately wealthy though she does not have access to this money. Several members of her mother and father's families are trying to circumvent her rightful, legal claim on her property to get at the valuable relics within the vault. Eventually uses this by pretending to help her relatives to get this wealth in exchange for information on what Voldemort and his followers are up to. This results in her being ostracized by most of the students at Hogwarts. Though she is not trusted by those she claims to be helping either. While all this is going on she is plagued by a series of dreams and visions that show her just what will happen if she fails. She must help to gather information for Harry and the DA, however she is not trusted by either the DA or her pure-blood relatives which makes convincing both harder. The dreams and visions get clearer and more real as time goes on and her ability to tell what is real and what is in her dreams is slowly fading until she can no longer tell the difference between them. She has no idea how she can succeed when she can't even believe herself.

Character's position or job: Student

Strengths/Skills: Alchemy, Transfiguration

Are these skills typical of the fandom? If not, why?: Yes

Weaknesses/Bad habits: Can be thoughtless and immature, theatrical and cruel. Plagued by fears of her own design, second guesses herself. Can seem insensitive at times and can be domineering. Sometimes spaces out at odd moments.

Distinctive features, if any: Stormy gray eyes and an aloof expression

Are these features unique in the fandom? If so, why?: not unique

Connections to canon characters (if any): Is related to the Goyles through her uncle by marriage. Mother was a Crabb.

How does your character get on with those around him/her?: She is not in constant contact with the main characters since she is in Hufflepuff.

What does the other characters think of your character when they met her/him?: She is quiet, however she slowly befriends Ginny. She is seen as aloof at times and nosy others. Some do not trust her because she is a pure blood and acts like it sometimes.

Edited by draygon_icewing

• 9 months later...

Very nice and very original, I must say. I would say go on with this, however, are you so sure you want her in Hufflepuff? I'm not trying to be cruel but I think that with the higher knowledge in Alchemy and the facts that she has visions would make her lean more towards Ravenclaw. The only two of the original characters in there are Luna Lovegood and Cho Chang and you can leave both out if you like.

Again, just a suggestion, not trying to mean or harsh. I really do like your character, she sounds very promising. I say onward with your tale.

I hope to see your story soon.