Click Here!

Difference in trolling and opinions.

I agree with Hairyhaggis. It is possible for two things to be true at the same time.

Bisexuality is a legitimate facet of human sexuality, and in some cultural climates is made into a popular tool for self identifying.

Just like:

Tanning is a fad among many groups, including young women and girls going to formal events like proms and weddings, and not everyone who sports a tan is going to a salon and oiling up.

I think trolling has a lot to do with the intention of the statement and how it is directed at the target audience. For instance as an adult in a culture that celebrates Christimas (American Style) I wouldn't go into an elementary school right before Christmas break and make an announcement that Santa was made up. The kids would cry, and that would be me trolling (saying something with the intention of provoking a incited response). However my decision to tell my children that Santa isn't real so that they don't have their hopes dashed for a new puppy this year when "Santa" can clearly not afford it... that is different.

Unfortunately in a written medium (online or good old fashion pen and paper) it is hard to determine intentions, therefore people will perceive trolling in any number of things that oppose their own beliefs.