Click Here!

In the heat of a June noontide

DemonGoddess

Firstly, I'd like to welcome all the new users we're seeing daily! Glad to have you here! Please do familiarize yourself with the Terms of Service and Content Guidelines. This IS a moderated archive.

Moderation Status (2014)

Updated monthly. April and May reports (click the links).

Dribs, Drabs and Doggy Tales

Current bi-monthly prompt is here

Current monthly prompt is here

Newly published authors

From time to time, we come across in the archive where one of the users is picked up by a publisher. Congratulations!

Dribs, Drabs and Doggy Tales

We’ve decided to leave these as OPEN ENDED challenges, no expiration as to when you can respond to them.

Review Demands/Review Whoring

We have no issues with users asking their readers to review. However, demanding reviews for updates, whether blatantly or subtly is not allowed per the CG, which is part of the ToS.

Birthday Verifier Page

As everyone knows when clicking in to this site, it is restricted to ages 18 and above for use. It is an ADULTS ONLY archive.

Having said that, this page is a cookie setter. You enter in your birthdate via the drop down menu, and below that, you sign the page to set the cookie. Using your pen name is perfectly fine.

Keeping in mind that the page is a cookie setter, if you have your browser set to clear cookies upon exit, each time you close the browser tab you’ve opened the archive up in, it’ll clear the cookies. That means you’ll have to do it each time you want to read. It’s easier if you set your browser to not clear cookies each time you close a window and/or tab.

The purpose OF this page, is for the reader to affirm that he or she is 18 or older, and can use the site. The cookie remains in place for approximately 3 months, and then you have to reset it. You’ll know it’s time when the page pops up when you go to a story. (This is provided your browser doesn’t clear cookies automatically upon exit).

Funding Status

As always, we appreciate and thank everyone who can donate. It's certainly not required of the users, but every little bit helps!

Staff Added Story tags

Some users will find that their older stories will have tags added. I don't do this for all stories, only the ones we find during clean up, which either need tags which did not exist at the time of posting, or were added a long time ago with insufficient tags. It's silly of us to email the user to fix it after years of it being like that. So, in those for instances, and ONLY those for instances, I fix them. Once I add them, please don't remove them.

Duplicate postings due to rewrites

We are very much aware that as authors grow and learn, that he or she may want to revise a story entirely, and post a new version. When this happens, please notify staff that there will be a posted rewrite of an older story, so that it doesn’t get deleted as a duplicate. At that time, you will also be asked when it will be okay to merge the two stories, as you are ultimately only allowed ONE copy of a story in the archive. By merging the stories, the author retains the hits from the original, ratings and reviews, as they are all moved over to the new upload.

Unlogged in reviewing

When adding a review where you have not logged in, there is a required field for your email address. As it is a TEXT field, we simply require some form of input. An email address would be nice, however, we also understand that some users would prefer not to leave one. In that for instance, simply input the word private, instead of your email.

TOS Enforcement

Enforcement is done across the board, no favorites are played. It is up to the user to be sure that he or she is familiar with both the Terms of Service and Content Guidelines, and that his or her story is in compliance. This goes back to the fact that this is a moderated archive. This is PART of the moderation.

Tech Bits

Transitional tasks-

These are functions that normally the user would do, but while parts of the software are still the old stuff, it falls to me.

1. Anonymous reviews turned on/off – The default is to disallow. I run a query daily to ALLOW them. If you DON'T want them enabled for you, email me and I'll make the adjustment.

2. Old format profile – This is currently inaccessible for user edits. Users can only edit the new profile. So, if there is information in your old style profile that you want gone, again, email me and I will take care of it.

Tech support, directions given

Just to reiterate, when I email out step by DIRECTIONS on how to do something, that is exactly what they are. Not suggestions, but directions. If followed as stepped out, it works very well. This means that the user must follow them in the order the steps are given.

Center login boxes

The boxes are intended for use for activation and registration ONLY. Once you've activated and/or registered, please logout, then BACK in, using the boxes at the upper right corner of your browser screen.

Our FAQ section has much useful information. Having said that, if you're still having trouble, you can either email tech support, or post in the tech support forum. It can take me up to 48 hours to respond, due to real life obligations. Please be patient, I WILL get to you as soon as I can.

Please remember that the authors you read do like to hear from you! Leave them a review or two, and let them know how they're doing!

DemonGoddess061