Click Here!

Hopebringer Jem's reply thread

sumeragichan

<div align="center"><u><b><i><font color="#800080">Lathander's Light, Angel's Love</font></i></b></u><br></div><font color="#800080"> Jay Dee: Thanks! ^_^  I know it's a small font, but that's the size of the font on my text editor. I'm glad that it got that across.<br><br>Bronx Wench: You will, rest assured. Along with an interesting cast.... I'm hoping to eventually use Fzoul even... Maybe Halaster Blackcloak. XD<br></font>

Edited by Hopebringer Jem

• 2 weeks later...

Torm's Tears, Sacrifice's Gift, Angel's Life

Notes and explanations: Alright first off, this is based off a few happenings that occurred in a game I was dungeon mastering/running in the 3.5 rules set. They clearly state that outsiders such as celestials cannot be brought back via resurrection and raise dead. It takes the equivalence of a miracle(divine) or wish(arcane) spell. For a god to do as such, it takes a drain on his divine level and power available to do his job. This can be difficult on gods in Forgotten Realms. I know some probably know this like the back of their hand, but just in case. XD

Responses:

none yet

• 2 months later...

Finder Wyvernspur's Joke, Tymora's Laugh

notes: All of this is a back plot for a game I'm currently running. Mainly what's going on with party B so to speak. OXD

Still, there are references to a game I was a player in prior. Yep, Thistle was my p.c. for that campaign. I was the support caster bard/cleric/fol. lyricist type. I actually miss getting to play her as a character instead of a DM.

Reviews:

Thanks JayDee! >XD I'm glad it did sound like that since it actually was a player group. I'm actually not including all of who ended up in the party since they weren't there at the time. The campaign did go into epic levels.

Nicos is a bard/rogue tiefling from Chesenta, so he is that gambit-esque in feel at times, but a great joy to play. I swear I want to play him as a PC as well. >XD

Bane's Accusation, Hoar's Hunt

Notes:

What Thistle is saying in Hin when she gets caught is "Damn it all to the nine hells. Shit. Beshaba be damned."

Reviews:

I probably did botch up the coding. It was done in a hurry on an edge network connection, so my bad. >XD;; The codes are largely for the story at large as I coded everything that might end up in it. So, no telling.... *shrugs* The gender-bending will come in later on one of the chapters to be honest. Just wait until I find a way to work in Mask. :lol: Then the fun will really get going.

-Hoar also known as The Doombringer, is the vengeful deity of retribution invoked by those who seek to repay an eye for an eye. Aside from a handful of scattered temples, the church of Hoar is composed primarily of lone wanderers who travel the realms, agreeing to pray for Hoar's aid on behalf of those who seek or fear vengeance, in exchange for a small fee. Charlatans who would try to scam people in this manner quickly feel the punishment of Hoar. His followers seek out victims of injustice, hear and appraise their stories, and track down the perpetrators in order to inflict a fitting form of punishment. No injustice is too small or too large for revenge to be sought and a fitting punishment meted out, earning the church of Hoar the ire of town watches and Tyrists alike as well as the adulation of the downtrodden.

-His dogma is: Uphold true and fitting justice and maintain the spirit of the law, not the letter of the law. Fitting recompense will always accrue for one's actions. Violence will meet violence and evil pay back evil, but good will also come to those who do good. Walk the line of the Doombringer's teachings, seeking retribution, but do not fall into the trap of pursuing evil acts for evil's sake, for that way is seductive and leads only to one's downfall. Vengeance must be sought for all injustices, and all punishments must fit the crime. Revenge is sweetest when it is sharpened with irony. All attacks must be avenged. Those who do not respond to attacks against their person or that which they hold dear only invite further attacks.

The cult of Hoar is in places where his following is so small that they don't have a proper following. So, they often will do bounty hunter type work as a means of bringing in money to their "temple" so to speak. They're not picky on who brings in the request, especially as Hoar is the Lawful Neutral god of revenge, poetic justice, and retribution. The Zhentarium and Harpers have been at each other throats for a while, and many a harper will create a persona when going into Zhent controlled territory. So a lot of the warrants only have descriptions and not names if the Black network can't track 'em down themselves. XD

Edited by Hopebringer Jem

• 2 weeks later...

Miekilli's Blessing, Mask's Grace

Okay, introduction for part of the two newly brought in cast. One is a hellbred paladin of Miekilli... The other is a possible follower of Mask with either a warped sense of humor or some issues. I'll let you figure out which.

Okay, explanation time!

The Hellbred are damned souls who repent of their evil ways in the moment after death, before their condemnation to the hells. The gods of goodness and justice, suspicious of the hellbred's motives, allow them to return to life to prove the truth of their repentence, but having come so late, only the most epic victories over the forces of evil will allow the hellbred to achieve that goal. Thus, hellbred throw themselves with reckless abandon into every doomed cause, knowing that in all likelihood, their struggle will still be in vain. Meanwhile, the tyrants of the nine hells have had a taste of the hellbred's soul, and resent them for eluding their grasp at the final moment. They nurse a special hatred for the hellbred, and scheme their downfall; the torments of the hellbred who fail to achieve salvation (which is most of them) are multiplied a hundred fold.

Reviews:

None yet

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.