Click Here!

Hate and despise Trolls?

Harley Quinn hyenaholic

I hate Trolls. Above all Trolls whom I despise I despise Megareview trolls most of all.

Making it difficult to read your reviews. Displaying that their lives are so pointless and pathetic that they can spend hours posting thousands of identical reviews over and over again. Often in response to a bad review you left. Pathetic and useless beyond belief, we may write stories of nothing but smut, but they do this to crush our spirits. It's cruel and destructive. Don't they know there's a Remove Review button right there?

Trolling is low. Lower than just about any form of insulting people you. Lower than sticking your cock in a pig. Lower than anything, only falling short of rape, which, incidentally, it ressembles.

It's pointless. It doesn't remove the fanfic. It doesn't stop the author writing. It only spreads hate and fear.

Guest MortiferLascivio
...Spamming people's review page is annoying and malicious but you can't seriously compare it to rape! of people or animals! That's just way, way out of proportion.

I think Harley Quinn hyenaholic meant that it resembles rape in that it feels very presonal and violated when someone does that to your story. I don't think that it was meant to be taken literally like it is rape.

Mortifer's got it exactly right. Especially how when it's happening you feel entirely helpless.

Hmmm... it might be interesting to put in a list of what you think should happen to Trolls though.

1: I think we should jam a knife in their ear and kill them fast.

2: I think we should jam a corkscrew in their genitals and kill them slow.

3: I don't care.

4: I am a Troll, and I think I am a God, therefore I cannot be killed.

Why would you jam a corkscrew into their genitals?? It works better if you take that screw and jam it under their toenail rotating counter clockwise. Then rip it out while continuing to turn it clockwise. There's also something fun you can do with a blowtorch, a sledge, and a rusty knife......

;)

Guest MortiferLascivio

Trolls really annoy me though. I have one that followed me around for awhile, downrating my stories and spamming up my review page. I felt as if I was being mercilessly attacked.

I would love to give that one in particular a nice punch to the face.

I know trolls are annoying, but to wish physical pain on them? They're just people who need to grow up a bit, that's all. In any case, most of the well-established fanfiction sites have a webmaster to whom you can complain if it gets too bad. Let them deal with it; that's their job.

And how do they spread 'fear', as you put in your last comment, Harley? I'm not sure I follow.

um...something tells me i dont want to cross you on a bad day ;)

Meh.... I'm a big teddy bear with a little too much knowledge of the human body.

On topic though, trolls are pathetic slime. They don't think they are God, they are so pathetic that they have to put others down to prop themselves up. In their warped little brains if they tear you down, lower your rating, and chase you off then people will read and praise their stories.

I haven't had to deal with this lower life form yet thankfully, but I understand how it would make someone feel frustrated and helpless.

I know trolls are annoying, but to wish physical pain on them? They're just people who need to grow up a bit, that's all. In any case, most of the well-established fanfiction sites have a webmaster to whom you can complain if it gets too bad. Let them deal with it; that's their job.

And how do they spread 'fear', as you put in your last comment, Harley? I'm not sure I follow.

I don't know, I've seen trolls be more mature than forum drama queens before

Did you read any of my fanfics before you said that, Arch? Or any of the fanfics which have been attacked recently? Or did you just feel like insulting a high percentage of people on this board? And teachers too, for that matter. Disruptive students show up whether a teacher sucks at their job or not, and so do Trolls.

I'd say Trolls are to writers as dog turds are to sidewalks - their existance is meaningless and they're a stain on society.

Unless of course, Arch is that person who's using bots to do it. Of course he wouldn't care what people felt about review bombs then, because he's causing them. Yeah, that would be just like that sort of dick. Sets a bot to do his dirty work, then comes here and makes a few nasty remarks in person to feel like a big man.

Or maybe you're a friend with the guy with the bots? Yeah, sounds tough, but maybe a Troll's got friends? Of course, they'd have to be as obnoxious and unfeeling as each other. And every time you bomb a fic, you sit at an IM, laughing together at the people you just hurt and sharing jokes at your own cleverness.

"I insulted you because I felt like it." Yeah, I bet that makes you feel so important. Are you expecting somebody to agree with you?

Haha, are you for real? You think that the only way I could find your ultra-vehement complaints about trolls silly is if I was related to the activity itself? No, I'm afraid I don't have sufficient motivation to do that to anyone. I'm simply approaching the matter from a realistic perspective: if you're going to write erotic fanfiction and post it on the internet for everyone to see, you open yourself up to attacks from many angles. Really, I think you'll understand the inherent silliness of the whole thing if you state it to yourself in an objective manner. Repeat this out loud to yourself:

"I'm comparing people spamming reviews of my erotic Sonic The Hedgehog fanfiction to rape."

Doesn't that seem more than a tad over-the-top to you? To compare someone insulting you on the internet to having someone physically violate you in the worst way possible? If so, perhaps you should leave the computer for a while.

EDIT: Additionally, let me tell you that getting so worked up for it provides INCREDIBLE motivation for people to keep attacking you, when there's one simple, logical thing that would make it all better: laughing it off as people being silly on the internet.

Edited by AnotherArchAbraded

Oh-ho, Arch, so you think I'm getting worked up? Hun, I've been ganged up on by the better half of a forum and kept my cool. And no, that wasn't half a forum Trolling me; in fact I'd spent quite a lot of time inducing it.

Doesn't that seem more than a tad over-the-top to you? To compare someone insulting you on the internet to having someone physically violate you in the worst way possible? If so, perhaps you should leave the computer for a while.

Comparing insults over the internet to Trolling? That's like comparing going on a diet to anorexia. You're saying a lot about your personal experience of the world in that post, and none of it is complimentary. Your ignorance both astounds and amuses me, Arch. I seriously doubt you've ever been raped OR Trolled.

If the rape comparison's what's getting you all riled up about this, you really should have said so before you started insulting people.

People have been review bombing and Trolling my fanfics a very long time before I started this topic. I suppose you mean 'taking it as a joke' means you think it's funny. Man but I almost wish my life was so pointless and empty that I had the time to locate any fanfics you've ever written (assuming you have the skill and intelligence to write anything with more depth than a Songfic) and post a few review bombs there, then see if you still think it's funny. But as I said, my life's far too busy for that.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have pixel art to perfect, fanfics to continue, and computer games to play. All are more productive ways to spend the time than the act of Trolling. But then, passing a shit on the toilet is a more productive way to spend the time.

You're deeply deluded. I've been trolled in the past; hell, I've even had people try to set up 4chan forum invasions on me. At no point did I ever freak out about it in the way you do, because having an actual life outside the internet is what allows me to have some perspective on the whole thing. You're treating fanfiction (FANFICTION) as though it is something important and serious to the world, which it is most certainly not.

You state that people have been trolling you for a long time. You state that half of a forum has ganged up on you. You know what the common denominator is in those circumstances? You.

If you don't think fanfiction is important, interesting or a serious business, Arch, what are you doing here? This forum is accessible primarily through a fanfiction board. You are just here to piss people off.

Who's freaking out? If I've 'freaked out' anywhere on this board, it's when I'm busy reporting Trolls. Which means you must have at some point tracked my posts there, since nobody would bother going in there unless they were trolled or something.

Aw... do you have a crush on me, Arch?

You state that people have been trolling you for a long time. You state that half of a forum has ganged up on you. You know what the common denominator is in those circumstances? You.

YOU know something, Arch? Try reading your posts again. YOU are a hypocrite.