Click Here!

What's something that you've learned about a fanfic you didn't write?

Deadman

So, I was looking for an old fic that I used to read fairly often because I enjoyed it.

The fic disappeared and I didn’t have access to it anymore, so I had to find it in the web archive.

Managed to find it but it got me curious about the fandom again. It’s a Wonder Woman fanfic and I’m more familiar with the character than the actual show it was a based on. In part I went down the rabbit hole learning about it because the only TV show I’m aware of featuring Wonder Woman was the Linda Carter one. Apparently that was what it was based on, because I found out one of the characters in the fic was only in the show for a couple episodes. As a result, I found out that the fanfic was based on those episodes.

Which got me thinking, what have you learned about a fanfic you like to read that you didn’t know before?

FairySlayer wrote a wonderful Gravity Falls fic titled “The Secrets of My Sis” that had an Ancient-Egyptian theme. I didn’t realize until he told me afterward that the title was a reference to the 1970s kids show The Secrets of Isis (which I used to watch on Saturday mornings along with the Shazam! series it was paired with).