Click Here!

Text formatting issues

Hi, I think I posted about this before, but I don’t see the topic I created listed in my forum history, so I think it must have been deleted.  Some months ago, I noticed that the formatting in my stories had changed due to the cyberattack/technical issue that the site suffered, causing bolds to be removed.  Italics still work OK, as far as I can see.  I think I saw an announcement that the site had been taken out of read-only mode, so a few days ago, I logged back in to update one of my stories, and I noticed that bolds still don’t work, like so:

When viewing the site’s built-in story text editor:

image.thumb.png.10dfc902cb0116187ec88d6276f7134f.png

When viewing the story after saving changes in the editor:

image.png.deb5409ca16d4d9345f4ee5b1f9d15b0.png

As you can see, text that is bolded in the editor view is not bolded when viewed after saving changes in the editor.  I also noticed that in the editor, the buttons for inserting bulleted or numbered lists are gone, which I used to organize parts of this story’s disclaimer.  Regarding the bolded text, in addition to help organize text, I use that to give special emphasis to certain words in my story text.  Is there something I need to do to my story to get bolds working again, and will the bullet/number list tools be re-instated, in the future?  Thanks!

Charging Handles Forward, aka Dunkelgelb

For the moment, certain features have been disabled while we make sure the site is properly secured against another attack on the site. Formatting in the RTE is one of those things that’s been disabled for the time being. As our coder continues to ensure the site is properly protected, she’ll be able to restore those functions.

We’re a bit of a work in progress, but we think it’s better to be safe than sorry, and have the site shut down again for a few months.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.