Click Here!

READ ME: Validation/Password Reset Issues

BronxWench

3 minutes ago, Deadman said:

Is there still issues with getting things working?

I had a problem logging in a little while ago and @BronxWench was nice about helping me reset. However I tried to log in today into the main archive and it’s not working again. Might be an issue with the IP address changes.

Are you using a VPN? 

25 minutes ago, BronxWench said:

Are you using a VPN? 

Nope. I am using a public access wifi system. But I went to look at my IP address and it hasn’t changed.

Maybe the public wifi is the issue?

2 hours ago, Deadman said:

Nope. I am using a public access wifi system. But I went to look at my IP address and it hasn’t changed.

Aside from the obvious security risks of public access wifi, it’s entirely possible the IP changed from what we have in our database.

I’ll email you fresh links. Revalidate, and then you should be able to reset your password, but keep in mind, if you are trying to use an old password when resetting, you are blanking the field and triggering another password reset.

You shouldn’t need to reset your password every time you can’t log in. What you can do is clear your browser cache and history, click the three bars in the archive homepage and see if you are logged in or not. If you are, you’ll see your pen name. Log out, and then log in again, and it should work.

1 hour ago, Guest AmberDDawn said:

I try to reset my password by email but it always says its no longer valid

my profile url is

https://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296891223

I’m emailing you the email validation link and a new password reset link. You won’t be able to reset your password until you validate your email address, which hasn’t been done yet.

20 hours ago, BronxWench said:

Aside from the obvious security risks of public access wifi, it’s entirely possible the IP changed from what we have in our database.

I’ll email you fresh links. Revalidate, and then you should be able to reset your password, but keep in mind, if you are trying to use an old password when resetting, you are blanking the field and triggering another password reset.

You shouldn’t need to reset your password every time you can’t log in. What you can do is clear your browser cache and history, click the three bars in the archive homepage and see if you are logged in or not. If you are, you’ll see your pen name. Log out, and then log in again, and it should work.

As it turns out, I had a problem with what my password was. I included things that I shouldn’t but when I didn’t use them, it all worked out.

4 minutes ago, Deadman said:

As it turns out, I had a problem with what my password was. I included things that I shouldn’t but when I didn’t use them, it all worked out.

Glad to hear it worked out! (And make sure you have a VERY good malware/antivirus running when you're on those public access wifi networks!)

On 3/13/2023 at 9:15 PM, Deadman said:

If you’re using public WIFI, I’d recommend also using one of those VPNs (plenty advertised on youtube videos).

8 minutes ago, Desiderius Price said:

If you’re using public WIFI, I’d recommend also using one of those VPNs (plenty advertised on youtube videos).

I’d like to but they cost too much for me. Which is part of why I’m using public wifi in the first place, ironically.

10 minutes ago, Deadman said:

I’d like to but they cost too much for me. Which is part of why I’m using public wifi in the first place, ironically.

Totally understand… my cable installation bill was pretty high and was on library wifi for quite some time until I bit the bullet to pony up.  (And now they filter the web for their patrons… which excludes AFF :(

13 hours ago, Deadman said:

Avira makes a free VPN app that is supposed to be decent (not perfect, but decent). 

https://www.top10vpn.com/reviews/avira-phantom-free/

9 hours ago, GeorgeGlass said:

Avira makes a free VPN app that is supposed to be decent (not perfect, but decent). 

https://www.top10vpn.com/reviews/avira-phantom-free/

I appreciate that, but I do have concerns about free VPNs. It’s the same thing that people have often said about social media platforms. If you’re not the customer paying for the product, you’re the product. Free VPNs are probably selling your data that they claim they’re keeping safe from being tracked.

Okay, looks like I’m having the problem again. It was fixed on Monday after having it updated by an admin, but today I tried to login and the problem returned. I think it’s because I’m using public wifi.

It shouldn’t be related to that. Your IP here on the forum matches what I have in the archive. Did you clear your browser cache and history? It could be “remembering” your old password (the one with the illegal characters) which would be why you can’t log in.

In any event, I’ve emailed you fresh links. Let’s reactivate and create another password...

Edited by BronxWench

5 hours ago, Guest Latias425 said:

Hey, I don’t think I got the email to validate my email and reset my password. It’s not in my inbox.

I’ve sent you new links via email.

10 hours ago, BronxWench said:

I’ve sent you new links via email.

I got them and it seems to have worked to get access to my account. However, I had this happen previously and the problem returned so I will try it again in a few days, probably early next week.

As to the issue around browser cache and history, I have my default to delete cache and history when I close it. So I don’t think that’s the issue.

13 minutes ago, BronxWench said:

Well, I can always generate new links as needed. I don’t know what the issue is, though.

I appreciate that and it sounds like a workable solution in the short term, but I do hope there’s a long term solution that can emerge. It would be unfair of me to be constantly asking for this type of thing. Also, I might run out of passwords to change to if I have to constantly change it each time.

31 minutes ago, Deadman said:

I appreciate that and it sounds like a workable solution in the short term, but I do hope there’s a long term solution that can emerge. It would be unfair of me to be constantly asking for this type of thing. Also, I might run out of passwords to change to if I have to constantly change it each time.

Hope it works out for you.  In my case, I’m using a password manager (KeePass) to help keep track of mine.  (Also, remember that the archive is a different database from the Forums here, so passwords don’t have to be the same.)

Guest Guest The_Excluded_One

My link doesn’t have the word password but still doesn’t work, when I open it it says it’s invalid, I can’t access to my account anymore, any tips?

Because originally my password isn’t 12 characters long.

I can’t find my ID profile but I have the activation one:

https://members.adult-fanfiction.org/activate.php?x=1297010654&y=635d3237eb3d2b961f2d5bd2cf272ea0

2 hours ago, Guest Guest The_Excluded_One said:

My link doesn’t have the word password but still doesn’t work, when I open it it says it’s invalid, I can’t access to my account anymore, any tips?

Because originally my password isn’t 12 characters long.

I can’t find my ID profile but I have the activation one:

https://members.adult-fanfiction.org/activate.php?x=1297010654&y=635d3237eb3d2b961f2d5bd2cf272ea0

I’ve emailed you new links for activating the account and resetting the password.

3 hours ago, Guest Madam_Facilier said:

Still unable to reset my password. My url is:

https://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296962702

I’ve emailed you new activation and password reset links.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.