Click Here!

READ ME: Validation/Password Reset Issues

BronxWench

21 minutes ago, Guest Luna4917 said:

Verification worked, password link didn't. 

https://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296879849

You’re in the queue.

2 minutes ago, Guest Ratha said:

Every time I get an email from AFF to validate my account and reset my password, the validation works, but the reset doesn’t- it keeps saying it’s invalid, even when I click seconds after receiving the email.

Got my profile here- https://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=2249

From what I can see, the validation was not successful. I’ll add you to the queue.

10 minutes ago, Guest Ratha said:

I’ve gotten 12 emails so far, and every single one’s said that my account was verified, but the password reset is invalid.

As I said, I’m trying to find out what’s happening. When I look at your account, at least the information that I can see, there is a key piece that isn’t appearing, which indicates a successful validation. So, I can see the account isn’t not validated. What I can’t see is the why of it.

30 minutes ago, Guest Edward said:

@BronxWench just letting you know that it worked for me - cheers! 

Awesome! Hopefully, our coder figured out the problem with activating some of the accounts, and we’ll be able to get everyone activated and logged in. (Which means back to work for me sending out links!)

20 minutes ago, Scarlett-Taisho said:

I just got 2 reactivation mails, and in it, the instructions say to copy and paste in the address bar, then hit backspace. What exactly is the part I need to delete? Thanks!

Unless you see the word “password” at the very end of the activation link, you don’t need to edit the link. The very first emails sent out had a small error in the script which carried over one word into the activation link, and backspacing it out allowed the link to function properly.

Guest All4Spike

Thanks. I finally got the ‘activation successful’ message, but when I tried the reset password link, I got: “This Password Reset is no longer Valid“ And I really needed it, because I haven’t logged in for so long, I have no idea what my password was!

My profile: https://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296796501

1 hour ago, Guest All4Spike said:

Thanks. I finally got the ‘activation successful’ message, but when I tried the reset password link, I got: “This Password Reset is no longer Valid“ And I really needed it, because I haven’t logged in for so long, I have no idea what my password was!

My profile: https://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296796501

I’ve resent the password reset link.

For the password reset, are you ensuring there are at least TWELVE characters in the password?  When I first did it, I used 9, and then remembered I needed to use 12.  Once I did that, it worked just fine.  I had to have the validation/password reset resent to me like many of you, as I was one of the approximately 1% of users to where it didn’t work right.

2 hours ago, BronxWench said:

Unless you see the word “password” at the very end of the activation link, you don’t need to edit the link. The very first emails sent out had a small error in the script which carried over one word into the activation link, and backspacing it out allowed the link to function properly.

Both activation, and PW reset went through successfully. Thank you! 😁😁😁

19 minutes ago, Scarlett-Taisho said:

Both activation, and PW reset went through successfully. Thank you! 😁😁😁

I’m very glad to hear it, and you're very welcome! :D

33 minutes ago, DemonGoddess said:

For the password reset, are you ensuring there are at least TWELVE characters in the password?  When I first did it, I used 9, and then remembered I needed to use 12.  Once I did that, it worked just fine.  I had to have the validation/password reset resent to me like many of you, as I was one of the approximately 1% of users to where it didn’t work right.

I’m adding this to my email text:

Password rules recap:  Between 12-18 letters and/or numbers long, case sensitive. NO punctuation, spaces, or special characters allowed. Do NOT use your old password, or let Google make a strong password full of forbidden characters for you.

14 minutes ago, BronxWench said:

I’m adding this to my email text:

Password rules recap:  Between 12-18 letters and/or numbers long, case sensitive. NO punctuation, spaces, or special characters allowed. Do NOT use your old password, or let Google make a strong password full of forbidden characters for you.

Have all the emails been sent out yet? Still waiting for mine. Glad to hear so many people are getting theirs back.

I did send you an email directly. Check your Spam or Junk folders… unless it got caught up in Yahoo’s snit about getting too many emails from AFF. Apparently, Yahoo thinks we’re spamming.

I sent you the email in DM, with the links. Take that, Yahoo! 

Edited by BronxWench

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.