Click Here!

Email Validation and Password Reset

Guest Aleta6

Guest Hevreka78

If i Do The Password Reset It Gives me the link and i did Click it under 2 min from i Got IT and Expired/INVALID Link is someone Checking so the Clock On server it in Sync with World ?

Regards

Hev

Guest Guest Paul

Hi… I think I was validated, but no luck with any password resets.

password reset e-mail has been sent to ctpaul860@gmail.com

then:

This Password Reset is no longer Valid

so, any help appreciated. I do not know my profile #.

Okay everyone, if the password reset doesn’t work, we simply have to wait for the script to finish sending out all the mail.  At that point, we can manually resend you that link.  It’s not happening for everyone, and has to do with how our email services are parsing the mail to begin with.

It’s the same for me. Can activate the accound validation after removing the word “password” from the link. But when clicking the reset password. It said that it’s no longer valid.
Have tried to reset the password from the login section, but it’s still the same… I mean the email came in, but when I clicked the link, the same thing happens
I don’t know my profile link. Then how long should we wait until we can reset the password?

Hi, Guest-MudbloodMalfoy and all.

Not a admin or moderator here, but I might be able to help.

If your account reports a successful validation, but the password reset link in the email has expired, have you tried generating a password reset link yourself?  If your account actually validated, you should be able to reset your password.

Thanks, and good luck.

45 minutes ago, Wilde_Guess said:

Hi, Guest-MudbloodMalfoy and all.

Not a admin or moderator here, but I might be able to help.

If your account reports a successful validation, but the password reset link in the email has expired, have you tried generating a password reset link yourself?  If your account actually validated, you should be able to reset your password.

Thanks, and good luck.

@Wilde_Guess is correct. Try logging in to the account, and see if it generates a password reset.

At the moment, while the script is still running and continuing to send out emails, I’ve been asked not to use any tools I would generally have to create password reset links. Once I get the go-ahead to do so, you can bet I’ll be playing some serious catch-up and responding to the many posts and emails asking for help.

Guest Something Something TC

I haven’t actually logged in, in ages, so I cannot log in to reset the password manually. Using the “Forgot Password” function also gives a password link that expires within seconds.

15 minutes ago, Guest Something Something TC said:

I haven’t actually logged in, in ages, so I cannot log in to reset the password manually. Using the “Forgot Password” function also gives a password link that expires within seconds.

Have you gotten the validation email?

48 minutes ago, Guest Something Something TC said:

I’m in the same situation

Guest GhostOfRaistlin
51 minutes ago, Guest Something Something TC said:

Sorry something went wrong with my browser. Guest Gho is me. Sorry.

I’m in the same situation as Guest Something Something TC

This is my profile link.

https://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296905055

Guest RansLover

Just saw the email with the validation link and password reset link. Tried the validation link and it says that it's no longer valid. I just got the email about an hour ago.

Same here. I think the verification link is correct that I have no “password” to remove, but still saying “Activation is no longer Valid”.
Not sure if I already activated my account or not I tried resetting my password manually, link sent is no longer valid, either.

Here is my profile link:

https://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296932008

Thank you in advance.

Guest BambooCat

What a hot mess… I couldn’t get my email to verify until I read the comments here and now the password reset doesn’t work. Nothing you are suggesting Works. You have had a long, long time to iron this out. Not a great look if you’re sincerely hoping to re-open after going dark for longer than most these kids have been alive. I don’t know my username after 15 years either, so I don’t have that information for you.

8 hours ago, Guest BambooCat said:

What a hot mess… I couldn’t get my email to verify until I read the comments here and now the password reset doesn’t work. Nothing you are suggesting Works. You have had a long, long time to iron this out. Not a great look if you’re sincerely hoping to re-open after going dark for longer than most these kids have been alive. I don’t know my username after 15 years either, so I don’t have that information for you.

I’m not going to be able to locate you without a pen name, a user ID, or an email (which I wouldn’t recommend posting here on an open forum).

We’ve been in read-only mode for about 4 months, and we’ve not gone dark other than to enter that mode to protect our members from malicious redirects casued by an sql injection attack. (I’m also going to hope everyone here is older than 4 months of age...)

This is not working for me either.  nothing seems to work.  The activation worked perfectly, but when Go through the second link I get the following error:

Password Reset

I can’t even get into get my profile settings.  Who ever thought of using this system for validation and password resets should be slapped on the head.  I work in IT and this was not something we would do without making sure it worked properly and have redundancies in place in case of issues.  Which seems to be the case because of how many people are having issues.

Is there no one trying to fix this?

I can only post here as a guest because I can’t access my profile.

11 minutes ago, Guest Scott said:

This is not working for me either.  nothing seems to work.  The activation worked perfectly, but when Go through the second link I get the following error:

Password Reset

I can’t even get into get my profile settings.  Who ever thought of using this system for validation and password resets should be slapped on the head.  I work in IT and this was not something we would do without making sure it worked properly and have redundancies in place in case of issues.  Which seems to be the case because of how many people are having issues.

Is there no one trying to fix this?

I can only post here as a guest because I can’t access my profile.

Please see this thread:  https://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/topic/72917-read-me-validationpassword-reset-issues/

What part of this line is misunderstood “I can’t even get into get my profile settings.”  sending me to another topic that requests the profile does not in any way solve the issue if a person can’t even get into the profile in the first place.

8 minutes ago, Guest Scott said:

I do believe that my profile name is dragon3169

Thank you. I have no way to find you either without something more than a guest name. Does this look like your profile?
https://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296990913

The point of the other thread was to have one place where all members needing assistance would post. It makes it faster if I don’t have to scour 30 separate threads across five categories (not to mention the many emails coming in) when it comes time to do the manual resets. I’m told that less than 1% of our members are experiencing issues, but those members are still important to us, and we don’t want to leave anyone out. I’m probably just as frustrated as you are, and perhaps even more so, but I’m doing my best to offer assistance.

Edited by BronxWench

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.