Click Here!

Email Validation and Password Reset

Guest Aleta6

Guest Stormlight

Exact same thing happened to me. Invalid password reset link. I also tried to reset the password directly from the site but it also sent an invalid link. Are we sure this site is actually ready to be put back into normal mode? 🤨

It appears that:

• The word “Password” is appended at the end of the activation link. If you remove that, you should be able to properly verify the account; and
  • The password reset link does seem to have a limited period in which it can be used. 

If you leave your profile url for me, I can send you a password reset link. Hopefully, it won’t expire before you get it, but if it does, we’ll try again.

Guest guest Fushigi

hi, the suggestion for activation worked but i am having trouble with the password reset. 

Edited by WillowDarkling
removed email so the spambots can't get it

Sorry, everyone! 

I’m waiting to hear back from @manta2g as to why neither link is working, and why I can’t generate an activation link. The problem is that the password reset won’t work until the account is properly validated, and since that link isn’t working, either in the email or in my link generator, we’re stuck. I don’t have the coding background to do more than yell for help, unfortunately.

20 minutes ago, BronxWench said:

Sorry, everyone! 

I’m waiting to hear back from @manta2g as to why neither link is working, and why I can’t generate an activation link. The problem is that the password reset won’t work until the account is properly validated, and since that link isn’t working, either in the email or in my link generator, we’re stuck. I don’t have the coding background to do more than yell for help, unfortunately.

No worries, do your best.

Should I be concerned that I didn’t get an email at all as far as I can tell? Maybe it’s because this problem was caught before I got my email. Happy to wait.

Okay. I just got MY email, and I copied and pasted the validation link (first link) into a new browser tab. I backed out the “password” at the end, hit enter, and it worked.

I then clicked the password reset link in the email, and I was immediately taken to the password reset page, where I successfully updated my password.

I have NO clue why it worked for me when it’s not working for other members, but there we are.

2 minutes ago, Guest PW Link Dont Work said:

My Link says invalid allsow i have tried 3-4 times and No Go for me Activation Work after i did remove the Password after Activate Link.

here is my Profile https://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296885350

Unfortunately, all I can see is that you aren’t validated. I can’t tell why the link didn’t work for you. I thought I might have had an inkling, but upon looking into more accounts that can’t validate, my theory didn’t pan out, so let’s just say non-coders shouldn’t try to second-guess the people who know what they’re doing.

Guest Logged in first

I had the same problem with the password reset.
I then logged in and it auto sent me to reset password.
I dont know if that was because I had clicked on the email password reset link first then logged in or it just happened cause I logged in.

I think trying to log in might trigger the password reset if it hasn’t been done yet. I can’t verify that, because I tried clicking the links to see if I could duplicate the errors that everyone is experiencing, and managed to not have any errors.

8 minutes ago, BronxWench said:

I think trying to log in might trigger the password reset if it hasn’t been done yet. I can’t verify that, because I tried clicking the links to see if I could duplicate the errors that everyone is experiencing, and managed to not have any errors.

I attempted to do this and it doesn’t seem to be working. Or perhaps I forgot my password, which is possible. It didn’t allow me to login at all on the site. Which is probably a product of what’s happening.

You shouldn’t need to know your old password for the reset. BUT, and this is a biggie, you can’t reuse your old password. It blanks the field and forces another reset.

Password rules recap:  Between 12-18 letters and/or numbers long, case sensitive. NO punctuation, spaces, or special characters allowed. Do NOT use your old password, or let Google make a strong password full of forbidden characters for you.

Edited by BronxWench

15 minutes ago, BronxWench said:

You shouldn’t need to know your old password for the reset. BUT, and this is a biggie, you can’t reuse your old password. It blanks the field and forces another reset.

Password rules recap:  Between 12-18 letters and/or numbers long, case sensitive. NO punctuation, spaces, or special characters allowed. Do NOT use your old password, or let Google make a strong password full of forbidden characters for you.

Oh I wasn’t using my old password in the reset. I haven’t received an email requesting that I reset my password yet. I was trying your suggestion that if you login, that might trigger your password reset. I tried to do the reset by logging in as you suggested above, and it didn’t work. At least as far as I can see.

So, you’re not allowed to use punctuation, spaces or special characters? That’s something I don’t see a lot.

25 minutes ago, Guest AnansiScribe said:

I’m showing you as fully validated. I’m going to suggest trying the password reset link from the original email again, since it *should* work on a validated account. If not, try logging out and in again, to see if that triggers the password reset.

thanks for the suggesting Bronx! if you take password out on the end it works. im already got my new Password and cant wait to get back on!! :D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.