Click Here!

No email

Sessakag

1 hour ago, Wilde_Guess said:

Hi, @Dagian and all.

Look at manta2g’s post above, quoting a processing rate of ten accounts per minute, or six hundred per hour.  Remember that there are multiple thousands of user accounts on the system.  Watch carefully, but patiently.

Thanks.

I am being patient, considering I have no idea how many accounts there are currently (accounts merged/deleted/etc) I didn’t know exactly how long this was going to take, or if some of the previously mentioned glitches that others who have received the emails have experienced had derailed the process. Please do not infer impatience into my query, it was not impatience that prompted the question but rather interest if there had been a glitch that had slowed or even interrupted the process. :) Thank you for the reply though. :) 

Hi, Daglan and all.

40 minutes ago, Dagian said:

I am being patient, considering I have no idea how many accounts there are currently (accounts merged/deleted/etc) I didn’t know exactly how long this was going to take, or if some of the previously mentioned glitches that others who have received the emails have experienced had derailed the process. Please do not infer impatience into my query, it was not impatience that prompted the question but rather interest if there had been a glitch that had slowed or even interrupted the process. :) Thank you for the reply though. :) 

Of course, and I apologize if you thought I was implying anything undesired about your attitude, which has honestly been nicer than mine!

_I_ am being impatient!  But, since I’ve been on the other side of the console more than a time or two, I’m not expressing that impatience.  Frankly, if the paid tech support at [fill in the blanks of your tech service provider of choice] were as attentive or as good as the tech support we receive here for free, we’d have an extra ten percent or so more GDP.  Really.  And even relatively “small” sites like this one aren’t even close to being small.  AFF has more “significant named users” than I had of users grand total when I ran a BBS in the 1990s.

We’ll get there, Daglan.  Hopefully, before my teen-age band stuffs even more songs down my throat for a wedding reception.

Cheers!

No worries. :) My ex did a lot of coding for his job, anything from repairing other’s work to building from scratch for a government agency. And I remembered all the seemingly countless scenarios he’d gripe about that delayed the various rollouts on things he would be working on and simply wondered if the coders here had run into a similar snag. The tech support here is awesome. 

As for teens, I’m just hoping mine gets the dishes done tonight. 🤣

Of course, @Dagian.  Your teenagers are real, and thus vulnerable to loss-of privileges, loss of income, or other coercion if they don’t toe the line.  Mine are imaginary fictional characters, riding their plot-jackelopes with lances and skewering me at every turn, or so it seems.

Cheers!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.