Click Here!

Read-Only

Guest Vidar

I noticed the last update was back in Early-Mid October that we were still in Read-Only mode.  It’s now Mid-November.  Is this still the case?  Just curious.

Thanks for all you do!

We’re still in read-only mode, but as soon as we’re back to normal, we’ll be sure to post notices for everyone.

We greatly appreciate everyone’s patience. :hug: 

• 2 months later...

The clean-up is very nearly done (7 pages left of what was 109 pages of duplicate/triplicate/multiple accounts under a single email). Once we’ve finished that, manta can move to the next step.

I absolutely appreciate the offers of help—you all are wonderful! :hug: It’s been a long road, but knowing that AFF has the best members of any fiction archive makes it easier, so a rousing thank you to you all!

Guest hopefully a new member
18 hours ago, BronxWench said:

The clean-up is very nearly done (7 pages left of what was 109 pages of duplicate/triplicate/multiple accounts under a single email). Once we’ve finished that, manta can move to the next step.

I absolutely appreciate the offers of help—you all are wonderful! :hug: It’s been a long road, but knowing that AFF has the best members of any fiction archive makes it easier, so a rousing thank you to you all!

hi, i wanted to spread my stories over more websides, including this one- have you an idea how long this read-only thing will stay? 

3 hours ago, Guest hopefully a new member said:

hi, i wanted to spread my stories over more websides, including this one- have you an idea how long this read-only thing will stay? 

I can’t give you an exact timeframe, because I’m not the coder who’s going to take it to the next stage. However, as soon as the clean-up portion is complete, our coder will be able to begin the process of unlocking the site. We’re as eager as our members to get things back to normal, trust me!

5 hours ago, Guest hopefully a new member said:

Unfortunately it’s been a bit of a battle with the attacker… the two times I’m aware of the coder *trying* to bring the code live, the attacker repeats their attack and we’re left with our website redirecting visitors to unsavory locations on the internet.  Crossing my fingers the third time’s the charm for our coder.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.