Click Here!

can't create an account

Guest Nen

42 minutes ago, Guest Solangelo said:

i’m having same error. tried 4 times, nothing. no account here, but have an account on the normal FF site, if that matters.

We are not affiliated with FFN or any other fiction archive, so membership elsewhere would have no bearing here.

Right now, with the archive in read-only mode, it is not possible to create a new archive profile. The forum is working just fine, but an AFF archive profile is required for forum registration, so until the archive is up and running, I’m afraid there isn’t much we can do. Our coder and admin are working as quickly as they can to resolve the issues we’ve had, and we hope to be able to return to normal sooner rather than later.

• 3 weeks later...

Any update on how long until we can create a new account? Given that no one can view the fics unless they are logged in, and no one who didn’t have an account before cannot create on to login, AFF is functionally unusable right now.

1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

Any update on how long until we can create a new account? Given that no one can view the fics unless they are logged in, and no one who didn’t have an account before cannot create on to login, AFF is functionally unusable right now.

@GeorgeGlass is correct. You don’t need to be logged in on the archive to view stories. There are, however, no stories on the forum, which is the thread you chose to use: Forum Tech Support.

Once we have any information on when the read-only restriction on the archive is lifted, believe me, we’ll be shouting it from the hilltops.

• 2 months later...
Guest Signkat

I also just tried to create a registration for myself – I believe for the first time (I don’t think I have one from years ago), but am only receiving the “Cannot create due to site error” message.    

Please help! 
marystempien@yahoo.com

16 minutes ago, Guest Signkat said:

I also just tried to create a registration for myself – I believe for the first time (I don’t think I have one from years ago), but am only receiving the “Cannot create due to site error” message.    

Please help! 
marystempien@yahoo.com

I don’t think we’re quite at the stage of allowing new registrations yet, but that should be coming back soon, I hope!

• 4 months later...

First, are you inputting the birthdate exactly as shown in the instructions? (If memory serves the format is MM-DD-YYYY) The hyphens have to be there too.

And second, are you trying to create an account for the forum or for the archives? An archive account is required for a forum account.

Willow Darkling, forum moderator 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.