Click Here!

Unable to log in or reset password

Guest Doog

Unable to log in for weeks now. I get this message when I try to reset my password: 

“Password Reset
Your password reset could not be completed due to a systems error, please contact the site admins.”

Username: Doog

Profile page:

https://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296947548

I tried using different browsers and clearing my cache, etc. Nothing works. Please help!

The archive is in read-only mode because we have a very persistent hacker targeting the site with sql injection attacks. Until the site is protected against further sql injection attacks, it’s safest for our members if we leave it in read-only mode.

While the site is in read-only mode, there’s going to be functions that will remain disabled, and that includes password resets. Until we’re up and running properly again, you won’t be able to reset your password and log in. None of us, not even the moderating staff, can reset a password right now.

Patience is the word for now. Our coder and our admin are working as quickly as they can to resolve the situation.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2022 at 11:32 PM, BronxWench said:

The archive is in read-only mode because we have a very persistent hacker targeting the site with sql injection attacks. Until the site is protected against further sql injection attacks, it’s safest for our members if we leave it in read-only mode.

While the site is in read-only mode, there’s going to be functions that will remain disabled, and that includes password resets. Until we’re up and running properly again, you won’t be able to reset your password and log in. None of us, not even the moderating staff, can reset a password right now.

Patience is the word for now. Our coder and our admin are working as quickly as they can to resolve the situation.

When you said we can’t reset our passwords or log in, does that mean that logging in is impossible, or just that resetting or passwords and logging in is impossible, because even though I can’t log in on the desktop version, I was able to log in just fine on mobile.

Archive registrations are not working at the moment, because the site is still in read-only mode.

The search function is working however. What are you trying to find?

• 3 weeks later...

Are registrations working yet? I've been reading on this site for years, but I never created an account. Now since you can't look at anything without an account, and you can't create a new one, I'm pretty much locked out.

You can look at all of the Archives without an account. You just can’t review stories in most cases, without an account. But no, registration is not working, since the Archives are still in read only mode. Our Admin and Coder have both been ridiculously busy with their day jobs, so the time they’ve had to go through our code has been limited, unfortunately. But they are working on it. 

Willow Darkling, forum moderator. 

3 hours ago, Guest kehkeh said:

Are registrations working yet? I've been reading on this site for years, but I never created an account. Now since you can't look at anything without an account, and you can't create a new one, I'm pretty much locked out.

We’re in the process of securing the site, and while I don’t have any hard information on when that will happen, or exactly what that will mean for unregistered readers, I do know our coder will be sending emails to all registered members asking them to verify their email address and reset their password. 

Keep an eye out for status updates from @manta2g as she works out the process. And as always, thank you for your continued patience while we sort this mess out.

• 4 weeks later...

I can’t say for sure, but our coder, @manta2g may have disabled logins as part of the clean-up project we’re doing. We’re at a point where we’re doing a massive clean-up of duplicate (and triplicate) accounts from before the last major code rewrite. There were over 5,000 accounts to be checked, and it needs to be done manually so we don’t lose any data from those duplicate accounts.

Once we’ve gotten that done, our amazing coder, @manta2g, can begin the process of emailing all members so they can verify their email addresses and reset their passwords as Phase One of the unlocking process.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.