Click Here!

How do I publish a story on the new layout?

Guest Josh M

Guest Josh M

Hi, so, I was unaware that adult Fanfiction had updated and now I cannot tell how I’m meant to upload a story.

If someone could please send me some pointers, I would be very grateful!

Hope to hear from someone soon

J

You’ll likely have to wait.  AFF suffered an attack last month and it was locked into read-only access.  Manta, the coder, is doing her level best to rewrite the code so it won’t be vulnerable to that sort of attack, but this isn’t a fast process.  Some parts of the archive are available as features are finished, green was the hint. 

I’m going to refer you to this thread: https://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/topic/72676-i-cant-update-my-story/page/2/#comments where a lot of related questions have been answered, both by Desi and Manta (our coder) 

Not all areas of the Archives are up and running yet, so you’ll have to be patient with us, but I do think that when all the archives are up again, you’ll have to log in to your accounts, then hit the drop down menu on the left hand side, and click on Archives, and then you’ll get a list of all of the Archives, and to the right of the name of each archive there will be a green thingy (four little squares, I think) that you click to get your Control Panel up, and from there you will be able to post stories. 

Desi, you can maybe answer this better than I can… I’m tired, it’s past my bedtime, and I’m off to sleep… see you all tomorrow. 

Thank you for your understanding and continued patience. 

I’m probably the least tech savvy of the staff, but what I can say is that the attack was a so-called SQL injection attack… @Desiderius Price please correct me if I got that wrong, it’s past my bedtime again… I really shouldn’t be moderating past my bedtime :kittensorry:

2 minutes ago, WillowDarkling said:

Thank you for your understanding and continued patience. 

I’m probably the least tech savvy of the staff, but what I can say is that the attack was a so-called SQL injection attack… @Desiderius Price please correct me if I got that wrong, it’s past my bedtime again… I really shouldn’t be moderating past my bedtime :kittensorry:

You had it right, SQL Injection Attack.  The mitigation basically requires a website rewrite, therefore it’ll take time given Manta’s still needs to work her day job.

50 minutes ago, InBrightestDay said:

Wow.  I didn’t even realize this had happened.  I guess in a way it’s kind of a good thing I haven’t had anything to publish.😅

It’s always welcome to see you.

Yeppers, Bad people do bad things and we’re the incidental targets because they woke up one day and chose violence.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.