Click Here!

I can't update my story.

Guest mrkaboom

37 minutes ago, BronxWench said:

I have to admit, I can’t seem to find my Control Panel either. I’m getting used to the new layout and features, but this one is eluding me as well.

EDIT:

Nevermind. I found it. @Krulos you need to click the little green rectangle icon that looks like a layout page, next to the archive where you want to add the story. Your Control Panel will open up when you do that. It was too damned obvious, and I was looking for something on my actual profile. :blush: 

Thanks, figured I’d try it and needed the guidance.   Placement seems a bit on the cryptic side.

No,  because it won’t let me remove nor add favorites to my list of preferred reading stories of one form or another, nor update them as it turns out… so that clearly doesn’t work. I did find the archives, as well as my favorites, but how do I now remove works that I want to exit from my favorites, or add stories to my list of favorites, and also staying logged in, as it periodically exits me from being logged in, even when I *am* logged in at that.

3 hours ago, manta2g said:

url? The user control panel is now directly integrated in with your profile when logged in.

It goes into, or went into, a “this website is for sale” kind of label, or it goes to a totally different website, or did more precisely.

2 hours ago, Krulos said:

No,  because it won’t let me remove nor add favorites to my list of preferred reading stories of one form or another, nor update them as it turns out… so that clearly doesn’t work. I did find the archives, as well as my favorites, but how do I now remove works that I want to exit from my favorites, or add stories to my list of favorites, and also staying logged in, as it periodically exits me from being logged in, even when I *am* logged in at that.

As I’ve said before, you will have those functions soon enough. In other words, sit tight, and it will be available when I am done with it.  Right now, you can only add and remove authors.

2 hours ago, Krulos said:

It goes into, or went into, a “this website is for sale” kind of label, or it goes to a totally different website, or did more precisely.

Don’t use any old links you might have for the control panel. As I found, if you click that grouping of green rectangles, it should open a control panel page for you for that subdomain. For example, if I click on the green rectangles to the right of the subdomain “Books” I will see the control panel with my two stories displayed and the option to add a new story, just like before.

Sounds to me as if I should wait until the site’s repairs are completed, BronxWench, as the green rectangle button didn’t allow me to modify my favorites’ lists at all, but this turn of events should work; however, some works do appear to have vanished from the lists of favorites I had already collected for some reason, and I didn’t remove them- so that’s really hardly possible.

And in addendum reply, this time in gratitude for clearing that detail up to Manta2; I only want to extend a thank you for that, and at least I’m grateful for knowing that that problem has been forwarded to the individual who’s able and going to fix that detail, if that ability remains.

Edited by Krulos

The green rectangle button won’t allow you to modify your lists, but if you click on your pen name in the menu on the home page, on the left, you should see an option to edit your profile. At the top, in a green bar, are the links for Recommended Reading, Recommended Authors, Currently Reading, and Stories Written. As manta said, right now only the Recommended Authors is working, but the others are in the works.

We’re all finding our way around the new features, but if everything goes as planned, we’ll have some great new one-click features that many members have been asking for.

I know what you’re talking about better now; and I’m with you on those points.

In the meantime, any idea of when that’s going to be done; so we can modify our accounts and add favorite stories to our lists of favorites again?

All I can say is manta is working as fast as she can. She has a regular job as well as doing coding for us, since we’re not exactly in a position to hire her full-time, and the paying job needs to take precedence. And as Des pointed out, this is a line-by-line fix, which is tedious and time consuming. If I had any ability at all to help, I’d pitch in, but quite frankly, I’d probably make a bigger mess than whoever launched the injection attack.

4 hours ago, BronxWench said:

If I had any ability at all to help, I’d pitch in, but quite frankly, I’d probably make a bigger mess than whoever launched the injection attack.

With software, it can be counter productive to toss more people at it (ie too many cooks in the kitchen).    Manta would suddenly become a manager, having to get them up to speed, coach, etc; that’d take her away from actually fixing the issue.  If we were already trained, worked well together, then yes, using us might make it go faster.  Better to step back and make sure she’s not too stressed out.

Update! Story display is now in the new code, and you can now from within a story one click add a story to your current reading or recommended reading. You can also now delete current reading or recommended reading stories from your profile.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.