Click Here!

Vampire bites... Blood play? Food play? Both?

Deadman

Curious what people think is the answer of the story.

I write stuff involving vampires and occasionally that involves biting.

But I’m curious about the way it should be tagged as on the platform.

Technically, humans are food to vampires so it’s sorta like food play, but is it also blood play?

4 minutes ago, Deadman said:

Curious what people think is the answer of the story.

I write stuff involving vampires and occasionally that involves biting.

But I’m curious about the way it should be tagged as on the platform.

Technically, humans are food to vampires so it’s sorta like food play, but is it also blood play?

Yes.

If you play Vampire The Masquerade you have to understand what blood means to a vampire. It is their drug of choice, the means to extend their unnatural life, their rejuvenation and continued immortality. To a vampire is is their drug of choice, Its sex, drugs and rock N roll all rolled into one. No matter, how genial and good nature-ed a vampire is. They are still bound to it like a junkie needing their next fix. They will still tear you part if you get in the way.

18 minutes ago, InvidiaRed said:

Yes.

If you play Vampire The Masquerade you have to understand what blood means to a vampire. It is their drug of choice, the means to extend their unnatural life, their rejuvenation and continued immortality. To a vampire is is their drug of choice, Its sex, drugs and rock N roll all rolled into one. No matter, how genial and good nature-ed a vampire is. They are still bound to it like a junkie needing their next fix. They will still tear you part if you get in the way.

So you’re saying that it’s both?

37 minutes ago, Deadman said:

Makes sense. I guess I just find it weird about the idea of thinking of humans as food.

I mean you don’t even want to think about it from an evolutionary stand point.

How does an apex predator evolve to feast on another without causing the entire ecosystem to fall to chaotic shambles?

10 minutes ago, InvidiaRed said:

How does an apex predator evolve to feast on another without causing the entire ecosystem to fall to chaotic shambles?

What is war but to hunt your fellow human in the name of your team/flag?

2 hours ago, Deadman said:

This reminded me of Christmas Eve dinners as a kid, watching the Dungeoness Crabs fight it out in the kitchen sink … well, before they went into the pot.

12 minutes ago, InvidiaRed said:

Yeah, there’s a whole movie about that, Daybreakers where vampires have basically taken over and they don’t have enough humans to sustain them.

3 hours ago, Deadman said:

Yeah, there’s a whole movie about that, Daybreakers where vampires have basically taken over and they don’t have enough humans to sustain them.

That’s actually a great vampire movie. Interview with a vampire, queen of the damned and the underworld series all do vampires well.